Chapter 15- The explosion

"Sweetie! It has been too long. I'm gonna have to have a word to Malakai about keeping you form us. He just wants you all to himself," mum coos. If only she knew half of the story. Zachariah hates Malakai, his face contorts to something of boredom and mere hate when he seems him. In a sign of respect, Malakai nods his head to dad. Malakai in the end really can't keep me from seeing my family, they are the only people that keep me sane from this awful world. 

"Malakai. I've heard a war is brewing between you and other covens, if my daughter is to be harmed I will rip your head off your neck; is that clear?" Dad threatens. A war is brewing?? I'm human so that is obviously not good for me. Malakai wouldn't try and protect me, he would just throw me to the enemies. 

"I would never wish to see Lena hurt. I will protect her at all costs, that shouldn't be something you have to tell me," I roll my eyes. Now he is just sucking up to my father. He knows my father is stronger than him; he was born a vampire after all. So why wasn't I? Things would be so much easier to understand. Whilst dad and Malakai discuss things, Zach and I catch up on what's been happening. 

"Yeah I've got a mate, she's so beautiful I would do anything for her, she is going to be the queen of the coven. Her names Bridget, Bridget Snow," hearing this makes me feel happy for him. But there's this jealousy in me. I wish my mate would talk of me like Zach talks about his mate. But feelings are apparently hurting his masculinity. "Lena?" I shake my head, getting rid of the thoughts from my head.

"I really am happy for you, I cant wait to meet her," I try not to sound sad. But I think he recognises that I am in fact hurting, he frowns and hooks his arm across my shoulder. I look over at Malakai, his face is so serious, his back stiff and his eyebrows scrunched slightly. Maybe if I were vampire it would be easier to love me and I wouldn't be hurt. He has stages where one minute I am the best thing in his life then the next im the worst. 

"Is he giving you a hard time?" My brother asks through clenched teeth. I shake my head and look at him. I want to tell him. I want to tell him how badly I have been treated, how hurt I have been, how he keeps me away from everyone I love, how alone I feel here. Every word that comes from his mouth to our parents is a lie and he is just a cold hearted monster, incapable of feeling a thing. Instead, I scoff and wave him off like what he said is foolish.

"Malakai and I have an incredible bond, he treats me so swell," I awkwardly say in a high pitched voice. Zachariah raises an eyebrow and smirks slightly, oh no this is the face of the devil; he is planning something or he is going to make me do something. "I mean it, Zach," I try to sound more believing.

Zach looks over at Malakai who is quickly typing something on his phone whilst dad is discussing things with mum. Malakai is a beautiful man on the outside, but in the inside he's like a f*cking sultana. Wrinkled, ugly, tastes bad, all dried up. Wow I love my comparisons. He is a hard man to love yet like, I can barely stand being in the same room as him. Mostly because he cant stand being near me unless I am hurt or because of this stupid bond that is going on. "If he makes you so happy then go up to him right now, seductively run your hands on his muscles, grab his face and wait for like a minute and stare lovingly in his eyes then kiss him; a passionate one too. We will see how he reacts to that one." MY BROTHER IS MAKING ME DO THIS! Malakai will definitely push me away then this will prove that everything I just said was a lie and he will most likely have a fight with Malakai. 

"Fine," I reply with clenched teeth and keep my head held high as I walk over to him. Malakai only looks up when he senses me nearing, he raises an eyebrow and it takes me so much courage to train a finger from near where his elbow is to his bicep. I trace his abs and he stiffens, almost as if he is uncomfortable with the contact. I hold his face in my hands.

"Lena, what are you doing?" He asks in confusion, looking at my dad quickly. I pull his face down to mine and kiss him, not answering his question. Both of his hands grip at my hips and he pulls me closer, why is he pulling me closer? Our mouths move against each others in sync. I hook my arms around his neck and he lifts me into his arms and zooms out of here with his vampire speed. We somehow end up in his bedroom, oh no this is not what I was trying to achieve. He is only responding because of the bond that has been happening. He drops me onto the bed and stares at my body with almost black eyes, why am I feeling so hot and bothered? He rips my shirt open and I gasp as he starts kissing my stomach. He reaches my neck and sucks on it, I groan in pain and my body stiffens as his fangs descend into my neck.

Now this is classes as something so intimate. Blood sharing is for the most serious of mates, which we are not so you would understand my shock. He suddenly pulls back abruptly and slams his body against the wall, breathing heavily. He realises what he has done. This cant just be blamed on the mate bond, this is repressed feelings coming out and he knows that too. Malakai wants me but he tries to hide it from the world, why though? If he really wants me to be in his arms and for me to love him then why does he push me away so hard? I need answers. 

But before I can ask, he has already left the room; avoiding any questions from me. I lay there in the bed, with a ripped top and two fang marks on my neck. Sweating. 

                                                                          -----

UpdATES WILL BE SLOW AGAIN AS I HAVE SCHOOL AND NEED TO FOCUS but I hope you enjoyed babes xoxo

comment, vote, share