Chapter 14- Something really is wrong

The next day, Bryn confronted me feeling awful about herself. "I didn't mean to offend you in any way or upset you, you know I would never do such a thing on purpose," she softly says.

I sigh and pick at the grass on the floor. She caught me while I was just sitting on the ground, getting fresh air. I didn't protest when she sat down next to me, I didn't want to be rude to her; she was my best friend after all. "Things are changing in me, Bryn. I'm getting protective and I dont know why. When you insulted him it made me so angry, I was beyond furious. I could I be protective over such a callous person though? I don't know what's happening. I don't know if a vampire is coming out in me," Bryn listens carefully and nods after I finish talking.

"It sucks how you have to go through so much that you don't deserve. I know for a fact that Malakai does not treat you like a mate should, I would hate if Tim did the same to me. You can barely see your family for peeps sake!" She twirls a strand of her dark hair around her finger and shakes her head apprehensively. 

"The only reason I came into this pack so early was because he killed people. I didn't want any more innocent lives to be taken when I could prevent it, he said he would show me his love and he would treat me good. Instead I've been threatened, called a b*tch and he's done horrible things. He hasn't tried changing and I don't know why, but I hope he does soon because I can't stand being given this cold treatment any longer," I shake my head. He is slowly changing, but nothing drastic.

He has a lot of apologising to do to me. A mate is supposed to protect and love you, say nice things and not keep you away from you family. It's been weeks since I've last seen Zach, mum and dad. I'm homesick and in desperate need to see them all. SO much is going on, I dont know what is happening to me. Am I going to be a goddess? AM I turning into a vampire? Is it just me being on my period? Everything is all so confusing and I have a feeling that my parents could possibly know the answers.

"That's awful. You never deserved bad treatment, not from your mate at least.  I know I have been with Tim a lot but that doesn't mean that I don't care about you. You're like a sister to me and I would do anything for you, you know that right?" She asks softly.

I give her a side hug and then stand up after a moment. We may have petty fights but in the end we will always have each others backs through everything. I just don't know what to do with Malakai. After saying our goodbyes, I decide to go visit Malakai in his office. Upon opening the door, he stays in his position obviously having sensed me coming. 

"Are you just going to stand there watching?" His gruff voice asks. I gulp and walk towards his large frame.

"Malakai," He hums and waits for me to continue. "Do you regret how you forced me into this coven at all?" I ask.

His eyes go dark, he stares at me staying silent and all the while I stand in my place feeling uncomfortable. It doesn't seem like he wants to answer my question. Of course. He is the king of darkness, why would he regret any of the terrible decisions he's made? A person can't change in a week and I'd be stupid to think that I could change him from his dark ways. I dont know what he does in his spare time, he probably goes out and eats people. 

"I want to see my family more," I demand. 

"You can't. Not at the moment while we are trying to figure out what is happening to you. We don't know who is on our side here,"I shake my head at him, feeling beyond frustrated with his words. He's joking right?

"Malakai, they are my family! Of course they are going to be on my side. Maybe they have answers too. I think my mum knows something that I dont, which would also mean that dad does too. I need answers and if they can give them to me then I need to see them," he stands, the chair scrapes across the ground noisily. He attempts to ignore me like a child, but I continue pestering him."Malakai, answer me!"

"I DO NOT TAKE ORDERS FROM YOU!" He screams back at me making me take a step back in shock. I thought he had changed in the slightest, but I'm wrong and stupid to think that. "YOU think it's me acting this way? Well it's not, it's a stupid bond; stop expecting me to care because I really dont. I just want to find out what is wrong with you so I can make this stupid wanting you thing stop."

His words hurt. They really did. They cut deep into me like a knife, I just stared at him in shock. People aren't just like this, someone has to hurt them for them to act this way. Who hurt Malakai? Why does he not want to care? Why is he blocking the mate bond out? In the beginning he was accepting of it, I want to know what changed and why he is denying everything. If he hadn't of used force on me then maybe I would like him much more. 

"Then reject me already dammit! If it so bad to have a mate then reject me. Don't let this continue if nothing is going to come out of it.I don't think I deserve that. You also cant prevent me from seeing my family and stop me from wanting answers; I will be asking questions. You can't stop me any longer," I hiss at him coldly. 

"If I have to lock you in your room then I will. You aren't going anywhere and I mean it!" I hate him. I really do. Or I just want to hate him, hating people has always been difficult for me. The only person who I truely hated was Amy. Even though Hunter tormented me, I couldn't hate him because I grew up with him. I liked Tom though. Now that I think of it, being back at my coven would be better than staying here any longer. Bryn loves it only because Timothy is a nice, caring mate. Malakai is anything but that. 

"You're impossible. Then I'm inviting them here and there is nothing you can do to stop me, I miss them and need to see them anyway," he looks close to hurting me but I know he wouldn't.His eyes are a dangerous black and the veins are popping out from his neck, how can he look so hot still? Ew, never mind stop thinking those awful thoughts. 

"Whatever, leave me be now!" he demands hotly. 

"With pleasure," I retort. I storm to the door and make sure to slam it shut loudly behind me, I hear him hiss behind me and make a growling noise but I ignore him swiftly. You would think that things would have changed by now but they haven't, sadly. There is still a burning passion of hate and for him, he is just keeping me here cause his inner vampire needs his mate. He does not want me or he is trying to hide it. 

I walk across the grass, the nature feeling light under my feet and I sigh. The clouds have gone a dark grey, it seems like it's about to storm soon. Really resembles my mood. Just as a stray tear slides down my cheek, a drop of water falls from the clouds. I scrunch my face up in confusion and shake my head. 

Something really is wrong. 

--

I know I haven't updated in practically a year and I feel awful! I'm gonna try and finish this book now but I doubt the chapters will be too long, I will update every couple of weeks or three weeks because I have a social life and I'm focusing on other books too.

Please comment, vote and follow and read this book over again if you need a recap. 

love you all for your patience and support