Chapter 13- The Goddesses

Cold. It's a feeling I've been used to since the day I was born. I've been a warm blooded human, blood pumping through my veins, a beating heart. I'm the only warmth out of everyone, sometimes I think mum wishes she was human again. I think she wants the constant craving for blood to stop. Dad never knew what being human was like, never will Zachariah. So I guess I'm kinda special? I get a choice. I decide who I want to be, if I want to die then I can die. Everyone else is immortal, they never got to choose who they wanted to be.

It's like I'm walking on a cloud constantly, but I'm actually walking on soil and soil is my cloud. I've always felt a connection between the nature, bloodsuckers and everything immortal. It's like everything is special in its own sort of way to me. Even if they are cold, heartless monsters.

I'm sitting on the grass criss cross styled with closed eyes as I soak in the sun... they will never know this feeling. "Lena?" I open my eyes and am met with the sight of Bryn, she sits down next to me and sighs. I look at her as she picks at the grass as if she's bored, but I know my best friend and she is in fact upset.

"What's the matter?" I ask.

"I never really get to see Tim anymore. Your boyfriend is always making him work, not that he minds very much but I do. We are mates, we need to be with each other at least sometimes! I only get to see him in the afternoons when he gets home which he's always tired so he tries to stay up with me and ends up falling asleep. Can you please just talk to your annoying mate?" I don't know what happens but it's as if a spark of anger ignites when she says this. I rarely even talk to my mate! And when we are talking we are always fighting. We are soul mates, we are made for each other yet we are so different. She's lucky that her and Tim can even be civil with each other and love each other. Malakai is hard to love yet like! I hardly like him as a person. But then there's this little part in me that wants to believe that he will change for the better and let me in. I also find it rude that she calls my mate annoying and all that because she can't see her made, because he needs to work in order for this coven to be stable and maintain its position as second strongest clan. Plus, only I can call him annoying because he's my mate. She wouldn't like it if I said that about precious Timothy.

I have no clue why I'm acting like some protective love struck teenager. I don't even like the guy! But it's as if this imaginary force pushed up all this anger at Bryn for saying just one tiny thing that doesn't even actually matter about my mate.

"Well you'll have to talk to Malakai about your 'issues' don't complain to me. I-I'm not feeling to good, I'm just going to head up to the house and sleep," I swiftly lie. She watches as I stand up and walk away to what seems like the direction of the house. I must be sick or something, because there's this what feels like craving to see Malakai. Something is most definitely wrong with me.

I ignore everyone's curious glances at me but they bow in respect as I walk through the doors of the massive building. I use whatever instincts that are in me today to find the location of my mate. He's in his large office, signing papers and reading through things. He has a scowl on his face and he looks frustrated, he breathes in the air and looks up with dark eyes. He's out of his chair in a flash and is right in front of me. He brings his hand up to touch my face, is he feeling it too? The amount of protectiveness and need to see him, is he feeling that about me?

"Lena."

"Malakai," I breathe out in relief. He seems to calm from whatever frustration he was feeling and he pulls me close. "What's happening? Why am I feeling like this?" He is just as clueless as I am.

"I don't know what's going on, but usually it's something to do with the female." A male knocks on the door and Malakai growls loudly, covering my body. "Not now!" He barks making the guy scramble away.