Chapter three- Leech

Nick Bateman as Malakai Reed.

"Two types of people who can't look you in the eyes:
Someone trying to hide a lie,
And someone trying to hide a love."
                                      ||
"Whiny human."

"Leech," I fire back at none other than Amy Brooke's, she thinks she's better than everybody else when she isn't.

"So lame," she chuckles at my amazing comeback, she's just jealous. It's true, they are all leeches! They literally drain the blood out of you! Vampires could be called mosquitos too, they drain the blood out of you as well.

"Not as lame as your face," that was the best thing I could come up with, okay? Her hazel eyes gaze upon me in distaste and she flicks her ginger hair behind her shoulder in a fashionable way. I purse my lips and at the moment I wish my hair was out so I could just mimic her to annoy her.

"You are never going to get a mate. If you do have a mate then he will most likely reject you," I grow silent at this and look at the grass.

"Excuse me?" Someone growls behind me, I can feel him before I see him. I look up at Amy whom is looking straight behind me, she smirks and steps closer towards where I am. So I take a step sidewards and look at Malakai, Malakai has an emotionless face on as he looks at her. His eyes don't trail from her face, she gives him a seductive smile and places her hand on his bicep.

"I'm just having a discussion with the whiny human over there," she looks at me in disgust. But what Amy doesn't realise is that he is my mate.... and he hasn't rejected me yet....

Malakai picks up her hand and drops it, "refrain yourself from touching me, I have a mate that you are speaking very rudely of and to." Her mouth drops open in shock and she looks between the two of us, I've had enough.

I roll my eyes at her and storm away to my house, slamming open the door it bangs against the wall and my feet thump against the hard wood as I charge inside. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" Dad asks me, I look at him and flash him a fake smile with my thumbs sticking up.

"Just dandy dad. Do something about Amy Brooke's before I drive a flipping steak through her heart!" I walk around the corner to the bathroom and slam the door closed. I lean against it looking up at the ceiling with watery eyes, I'm sick of the bullying. That's all I ever get, why can't people accept others for who they are?

"Where is she?" I hear Malakai ask frantically. My back presses to the door and I slide down until my knees are pressed to my chest and I'm hugging them.

"Malakai, what happened?" My father demands to know. They are speaking that loud that I can hear, or I just have good hearing.

"Some girl messing with Lena, making fun of her. Don't worry about it though, I killed her temporarily." She deserved it anyway, so I'm not going to feel bad at all. She doesn't deserve my pity. "Now where is Lena?" A moment later after he asks that question someone knocks on the bathroom door. "Lena?"

I sniffle, "what?" I whisper knowing he can hear me. I don't want comfort at the moment, all I want to do is cry; ever have those moments? And I don't want comfort from a guy whom I just met, that is just moving way too fast.

"Lena, open the door before I break it," I scoot away from the door and lean against the cupboard that has the sink on top. "Open it, NOW!" He growls. He's not very patient. Only a second later the door is being kicked down and flying straight towards me, I scream but lucky for vampire speed; Malakai grabs the door by its sides before it lands on me. He places it on the ground and walks towards me, he crouches down and frowns using the pad of his thumb to wipe away a fallen tear. He doesn't show me any emotion, my face is most likely crestfallen but his is cold and empty.