Chapter four- The phone call

My face when my friend says they like a player

"Where the hell is your mate?" Bryn asks me as she walks into my room, I look at her and wave

"Hello to you too Bryn," she smirks and jumps on my bed. "He left to take care of his coven, he wanted me to go.... well I'd like to think that. But yeah I wanted to stay here," she scowls at me and slaps me, I yelp and glare at her slapping her back.

"HEY I HAD A REASON TO SLAP YOU!" She exclaims, I give her a look and she rolls her eyes. "He's your mate! You should've gone with him," she explains herself.

"I barley know him though.... plus he's calling me in like two minutes," I shrug, she grins then it falls in a matter of seconds.

"But he's a leader, Lena. He will be more worried because he is more protective, it's in his instincts." I huff and cross my arms over my chest.

"My father told me this already," I mutter. A moment later my phone rings loudly, I answer straight away because most likely Malakai will be like why didn't you pick up earlier? And I'll be like um it was two seconds ago.... "Hello," I answer.

"Are you okay? Has that crayon teased you anymore? Has any guys touched you? Who do I need to kill?" He fires questions as me straight away.

"Wow cute!" Bryn whistles. I give her a warning look that includes a plead, the silence on the other line is deafening.

"Who's that?" He finally asks. I look at Bryn mouthing the words I hate you. She blows me a kiss and winks at me obviously trying to get on my nerves.

"My best friend, Bryn," I reply steadily.

"Well, Bryn could you please leave for a moment?" Malakai asks to which I furrow my eyebrows at this. Bryn grins and stands up agreeing with him and saying goodbye to both of us, I give her a look that says why are you leaving me? She winks and walks out of my room leaving me on the phone with my mate. "Lena," he whispers and I clear my throat in nervousness.

"Yes?" I whisper.

Everything goes silent and I wait for what he has to say, then he replies. "I need you."

"It's only been two days," I mutter, I know that was hard for him to admit but it's true- it has only been two days since I've seen him.

"You just don't understand," he growls in frustration. "I NEED YOU!" The sound of something smashing makes me jump in shock, then everything goes silent. My eyes widen and I call for him but he doesn't reply.

"Malakai!" I shout, everything is silent though. I curse and jump out of my bed, damn you stupid bond. I slip on my flip flops and grab my phone and run downstairs, "SOMEONE TAKE ME TO MALAKAI'S PACK!" I shout running out of the house. A park guard rushes over towards me and gets in the drivers seat of the car, I would drive but I don't know my way there.
                                       *
The guard stops the car and I get out immediately, people are huddled up in a group and I'm only assuming that Malakai is doing something that he will regret later. I push through the crowd of people only to see Malakai beating up some poor guy that most likely hasn't done anything wrong.

"Malakai!" I shout, he freezes and slowly straightens. I feel tears burning my eyelids as I look at the guy surrounded my a pool of his own blood and it is then that I realise.... he killed him only by beating him up. He must have injured his heart or stabbed him. His eyes are animal like, feral and viscous. So dad and Bryn were right, I should've gone with him to prevent this.

His fists are covered in blood and his white shirt is now stained with it, he doesn't show any emotions. I hate him. How can someone do this? Kill without mercy. My feet move closer towards Malakai on their own accord, I ignore the feeling to comfort him and I go with the feeling to shout at him. "Lena," he whispers as I stop in front of him.

"How dare you!?" I scream. My fingers poke at his chest, "you killed that innocent man because I wasn't here?" I exclaim.

"Well, they don't call me the king of darkness for nothing. You didn't understand and I wanted to prove my point. I will kill anyone and everyone here until I hear you say that you will stay here from now on, because I can't survive and do my work without you being here."

I stay silent, he raises an eyebrow and walks over to a woman. Everyone stares, screams then ring through the air as his hand plunges through that woman's chest, he pulls his hand out with her heart in his hand. She drops to the ground and a young child runs up to her screaming, "mummy!" Tears form in my eyes.

"FINE! I'LL STAY!" I scream as he rips out a mans heart, I drop to the floor crying. "I'll stay, goddammit. I'll stay." He bends down and lifts my chin up so I'm looking into his hard set eyes.

"This was your fault today, Lena," I sob and push him away from me.

"At least let me say goodbye to my family!" He raises an eyebrow and grabs my elbow lifting me up so I'm standing.

"No," he whispers into my ear, I hit him even though he could kill me too.

"You've taken my freedom away but I will not let you take away my family! They are my family, Malakai," I sob; he stares at me before sighing.

"Fine. But not a word about this incident to your parents or brother, you will say that you want to stay with me; okay?"

"Okay," I whimper brokenly.
                                   ||
It may seem as if this story is going fast but it's meant to because it shows that Malakai is very possessive and he will be dominant.

Comment, vote, follow
Keely