Chapter 9- Ineed of superglue

I'm 100% honest when I say that I really liked all of the covers I was sent. But I eventually had to make a choice that I thought would suit the book. It came down to five that I really liked then it was a battle between two. I have followed the two winners and I will be using Adriana_Tenebris  & bishbeawesome  covers, thank you everyone who entered and I will share bishbeawesome cover at the end of this chapter.

 I have followed the two winners and I will be using Adriana_Tenebris  & bishbeawesome  covers, thank you everyone who entered and I will share bishbeawesome cover at the end of this chapter

Tim is loading everything in the car while I'm just standing in the middle of the driveway, dreading the moment we have to leave. I'd rather be here with my family and one friend, Bryn hasn't arrived to bid me a farewell yet. I'm mostly scared to deal with Malakai's wrath when we all get back. Zachariah looks at me with his arms crossed and a blank look on his face. Does he have to stare? I feel so violated....Not really. "Do you have superglue?" Zach raises his eyebrow at me.

"No, why?" He suspiciously asks. I purse my lips and shake my head at him, who doesn't have superglue? "Was I supposed to have superglue?" He ponders. Now I can't superglue myself to the ground, it could've been useful! Especially a big bottle, just smother it all over my shoes then put it on my socks that I'm wearing and viola! I'm stuck here and unfortunately, Malakai has to leave without me. What a shame... I'm really indeed of some superglue.

"No reason...." after curiously staring at me, he looks away probably wondering why he is related to an idiot. Which I'm not disagreeing to. Mum and dad walk out of the house holding hands, I'm curious if they will ever have more children. I don't think so, but it's a possibility.

I'm brought back into reality with the sound of the boot shutting and the screams of Bryn as she runs at me like a bull. My eyes close and I wince awaiting for the impact, it soon comes and I'm tumbling over into the rocky ground. It's not exactly the best place to fall over. "Bryn!" I hiss painfully, she sits up and looks at me apologetically. Bryn helps me up so I'm standing then looks around, her eyes zero in on Tim. She obviously finds him attractive. They're having a staring contest at the moment, is something up with their eyes?

"What's going on?" I jump as someone mutters that into my ear, glaring at Malakai, I shrug; isn't everyone wondering? And if no one has spoken up how am I supposed to know!? Malakai groans as if realising something, "no. Oh my god, not two of you!" They are both snapped out of their trance from Malakai's rather obnoxious voice. Tim glares at him, something I've never seen him do; he's simply too nice! This is something seriously serious. And what does he mean by not two of you?

I'm beyond confused by now and no one is speaking up which isn't helping at all. "What the hell is going on?" I ask hoping that someone will elaborate for me. Everyone looks at me, I shrink under their gazes. I'm not frightened it's just I hate when people look at you after you ask a simple question, it's bothersome.

"They're mates," Malakai grumbles unhappily. Maybe he is just unhappy because he won't be able to torture me emotionally, by killing innocent people without Bryn dobbing on him. For me, this is the best news I've heard all day. I'll have my best friend by my side the entire time.

"YESSSSSS!! Now you two go ahead and make out, no one is stopping you," they blink at me and I blink at them. Too far? Never. I'm glad when they look back at each other, slowly moving closer. Why is it such a slow process? "Get on with it already," I blurt out, ruining their second moment and making Bryn glare at me. Oopsie daisy.

Finally they make it towards each other and just stare, smiling like crazed idiots. "Hi," Bryn whispers, he tilts his head and smiles softly.

"Hey," he replies.
                                       ||
"I am 100 percent not happy with this arrangement," I huff. Timothy forced Malakai to drive on the way home, I'm baffled that Malakai caved. Then Bryn forced me to sit in the passenger seat, I told her I could sit next to her while she sits in the middle and it will be like I'm not even there. She didn't agree, obviously. Now I'm stuck in the front with Malakai. Did I mention that there's this thing where you can press a button and a wall thing comes down so you can't see people in the background or hear their conversations; likewise for them. Is this a cop car or something? But yeah, they also forced us to wind it down. Now I'm stuck with the devils son. Wait, he could pass as the devil!

Malakai just grunts as a reply and grips the steering wheel tightly, maybe he's not happy with the arrangement too? Or the fact that he let Tim and Bryn boss him around. The reason why Malakai said and I quote 'not two of you!' Is because he didn't want another girl entering his coven or something like that. Personally I think it's because he won't be able to do very bad things as much as he used to. He loves seeing me in pain, I swear.

"Why is this so cliché! The best friend ends up with their best friends boyfriends best friend! Why did the best friends have to be mates! THIS ARRANGEMENT WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED! Why do I have to sit int the front with you?!" I'm shouting everything at Malakai even though none of this is his fault and he can't help the fact they're mates. Malakai also gets a bit.... hurt? By what I just said, as a growl rumbles in his throat.

"I CANT HELP IT THAT THEY ARE MATES! Stop complaining, Lena because quite frankly; I don't care that you are sitting in the passenger seat that you don't want to sit in because I'm here." He breaths out and shakes his head. "Can my mate just like me?" He whispers this and I know I wasn't supposed to hear his words, but I did. But he's hurt me, so it's hard to like him just like that.
                                          ||

Here is the other winner winner chicken dinner!! bishbeawesome love it!!

Comment
Vote
Follow
Share
Keely