20

Scip's POV

We were walking down the streets of Venice trying to find Riccio.

I honestly did NOT want Juliet to come with us, especially because the man holding Riccio hostage was her dad. And he could hurt her...in any way..

I kept her very close to me knowing anything could happen at any time when Victor motions us to come over to him behind a big house..which looked familiar.

"What is it?" I ask walking over to him.

"Look, here's a clue of some sort.." Victor says picking up a yellow scarf.

"Hey..that's Riccio's!" Juliet exclaims touching it.

'It was Riccio's.' I thought looking at it.

"Then he must be here," Victor states handing it to Juliet.

She takes it stuffing it slightly in her purse.

I keep a firm grip on her hand as we start walking around the building.

"So what do we do?" I ask.

Victor opens his coat getting out one of his many disguise mustaches and puts it on above his lip.

I watch him do it as he replies, "All in good timing son, you and Juliet stay back here, I'm gonna go knock on the front door,"

I nod unsure of what he was really doing.

Victor salutes to us as I hear Juliet chuckle a bit and he walks to the front door.

A few minutes have passed by and I start to worry, "What's he doing?" Juliet asks.

I look down at her and shrug, "I really don't know..come on.."

I start walking to the front of the large house with her and look at the big brass doors.

"Scipio.." Juliet hesitates.

"What?" I ask looking at her.

"Isn't this your house?" She asks.

My heart stops as I realize she's right. This was my house. Why would Juliet's dad bring Riccio to my house?

I frown and look back at the door walking up to it and opening it up quietly.

"Scipio!" She shouts whispering grabbing hold of my arm.

"What are you doing?" She says scared.

"I'm walking in my house," I state matter of factly.

"Victor said to stay put, besides you could get hurt," she whispers looking at me.

I sigh looking down and then gently pat her hand, "I'll be right back, Victor can probably use some help,"

She nods slightly, "Be careful, Scip.."

I nod and then slowly and quietly take a small step into my house which was more like a mansion.

I look around scanning the perimeter before I take another step when I feel a strong grip on my shoulder.

I jerk slightly from it when I see Victor, "I said stay put boy!" He scolds me as he tries to keep his fake mustache securely above his lip.

I frown and yank my shoulder away from him and rub it slightly, "In case you haven't noticed this is my house, and Riccio has to be in here and I think I know where,"

"Then lead the way Thief Lord," he says standing behind me.

I roll my eyes and look at the long hallway in front of me as I start walking slowly and quietly.

"If Juliets dad is keeping Riccio far from everything and kept away somewhere, he probably put him in the storage attic," I whisper as we near the end of the hall.

Victor looks up as I push a small button on the wall that opens the door up from the ceiling to reveal steps leading to the attic.

"I should probably stay down here and keep an eye out, you never know who could shut that door and lock us both in," he replies looking at me.

I nod, "You're right, I'll be as quick as I can,"

"Just find Riccio and let's get out of here," he tells me and gives me a nod of reassurance before I ascend the staircase.

A/N

Guys...what is wrong with me? I am so incredibly sorry for not updating in like forever! I hope you all forgive me. Plz comment on the chapter, if I need to work on some things or anything, thanks guys, I love you all so much!
-Weekskyliner ❤️

P.S.  .....the gif at the top that I put in the chapter, I found this on the Internet and I literally cried for 5 minutes..I am like DYING to know what this is from!!! Please help me!!! 😍😍😍