21

Scip's POV

All I could see was darkness.
The long stair case to the attic was dark and bleak. Just how I remembered it.

Memories came flooding back into my mind as I think of all the times I'd escape up here just to get away from my abusive father.

I try to shake the thoughts away as I hear faint voices. I stop for a moment as I try to listen to what they were saying.

"Tell me how...Massimo...where.." I could only get specific words out. It was difficult and then I heard that familiar feisty little voice.

"...not..you...telling...anything....you..fat face.." I shake my head smiling slightly hearing Riccios voice.

I keep walking towards them and then God forbid I squeaked the floor.

I both heard them stop talking. I froze. Oh crap.

Then one by one I'm guessing the man holding Riccio hostage was walking towards me. I sighed quietly and walked towards him.

Finally I could see light and the man saw me.

"Ey, who is that?" The man said, he had a very raspy voice.

"Please, I don't mean any harm.." I said cautiously.

I came closer until we were standing right in front of each other.

The man, Juliet's father that is, had brown scraggly hair with a few hints of grey in it, he was tall, slim, but had a sort of limp as he walked.

I gulp, "I'm just here for the boy."

The man scoffs and looks back at Riccio and then at me, "The boy? Son, you are just a boy yourself."

I clench my jaw at his comment and try not to lose my cool.

"Just hand him over and nobody gets hurt."

He starts walking around me when I notice he's carrying a gun in his pocket. My heart starts pacing at an irregular speed.

"He's not for sale." The man replies looking me up and down.

I frown, "He wasn't yours to start with." I shoot back at him.

He chuckles coldly, "Tell me, what is your name?"

I clench my fists, "I don't have to tell you.."

He folds his arms nodding slowly, "Hm, got an attitude now do we?"

"Not as bad as you."

Before he could say anything else I saw someone walk in front of me.

"Father, let Riccio go." I hear that sweet voice say. I see Juliet standing in front of me. I grab her arm and try pulling her back, "Juliet what did I say?" I say sternly.

She shakes her head trying to fight my grip, "No, I need to stand up to him." She looks toward her father.

"Ah, my darling Juliet." Her father gives a cold grin, "I've missed my girl."

Juliet looks at him, "Let Riccio go,"

He shakes his head, "Mm, no I don't think so, not until I get what I want,"

She frowns, "I will never come with you."

"Then...you don't get your precious Riccio." He folds his arms as he continues walking towards the both of us.

I keep a firm and tight grip on Juliet, "Don't touch her." I say through gritted teeth.

"I think that's the very least I will do." He replies just as we both hear a gunshot and everything went black.

**************************************

I wake up slowly trying to collect myself.

I sit up slightly rubbing my eyes and look around the room as I feel someone jump on me, "Scipio!"

I look up and see Riccio, "R-Riccio.."

He grabs my arms and shakes me, "Thank god for you guys, he's dead!"

I raise my eyebrow, "What? He is?"

Riccio nods and gets off of me, "And Juliet is in Hornets room right now, you should go see her."

I sit on the edge of the bed trying to make sense of where I was, "Are we in Victor and Ida's house?"

Riccio nods, "Victors the one that shot Juliets dad."

I nod slightly and stand up running a hand through my dark hair, "Thank god you're safe," he puts a hand on Riccios shoulder.

Riccio smiles at me, "Thanks for saving me..it was a bit creepy in that attic, Scip..."

I nod, "I agree. I'm gonna go see Juliet now. You to get something to eat." I quickly rush out of the room and down the hall to see Juliet.