22

Juliets POV

I was sitting on Hornets bed in her room trying to recover myself from what just happened before Scipio and I blacked out.

I heard a knock on the door and looked up thinking it was Hornet, "Come in." I says sitting up and playing with my hair when I see my tall dark haired man walk in, "Scipio.."

He gives a small nod as he walks over to me and sits beside me, "Sweetheart..how are you doing? Are you okay?" His soft, gentle voice asks while I feel his hand touch mine holding it.

"I'm fine. How are you, Scip? How's Riccio?" I ask him squeezing his hand a bit.

"Riccio's alright, feisty as ever." Scipio tells me as he threads our fingers together, "Juliet..now that your father has been taken care of.."

I raise my eyebrow tilting my head slightly, "Yes?"

He clears his throat as he chuckles slightly.

He was nervous.

I smile and put my hand on his cheek when I felt some stubble growing on his face, "Scip, I love you. It's alright." I nuzzle my nose against his looking into his eyes.

He looks into mine with the same love and puts his large hand on my own cheek, "I love you Juliet..more than anything else in the whole wide world. More than Venice."

I bite my lip blushing slightly, "What is it you wanted to ask me?"

I watch Scipio sigh as he kisses my hand, "Nothing..come, let's get some breakfast. I smell Ida making pancakes."

I nod a little and stand up as he wraps his strong arm around my waist and leads me out and downstairs into the kitchen.