7

The next morning I slowly start to wake up as I feel the warm sun shine on my face.

I roll over in Scipio's bed and scan the room.

Everything is as it was last night. I look down and see Scipio still sleeping peacefully.

I giggle slightly. He's very cute when he sleeps. I see his chest rise and fall as he's breathing.

I rub my eyes and quietly get out of bed.

I tiptoe over to the bathroom.

Once I'm done, I walk out and trip over a hard object and fall on top of Scipio who jerks awake suddenly.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" I say frantically.

This position is awkward. I'm lying on top of him and he's looking at my face.

"It's okay, are you alright?" He asks wiping his face probably from sleep.

"I'm, I'm fine.... Are you alright? I'm sorry I fell on you," I say trying to get up off of him, but failing miserably.

"I'm perfectly alright," he says staring into my eyes.

Then I hear someone walk in the room.

"Hm, well, someone got it goin this morning," Riccio chuckles.

I then awkwardly try to stand up, "Oh.. Um... That's..." I try to find the right word, but Scipio jumps in.

"It's not like that, Riccio. What are you doing up so early?" Scipio defends us and then yawns.

"I'll be in town a little today. I'm seeing... About something," Riccio explains, but hesitates on that last comment.

"Oh.. Alright. Don't be out too late," Scipio tells the young lad.

"I won't... Have fun," he winks at us and leaves.

I look at Scipio oddly. He just shrugs and gets up.

Then we hear a knock on the door.

"I'll get it," I say seeing that Scipio is not really dressed and he looks terrible from sleeping.

"Thanks," he replies and I walk to the door.

I open it up and two big men in uniforms are standing there, "Hello?" I say with a scrunched up face.

"We're here to see a Scipio Massimo, ma'am," one of the big men with slick black hair says.

Just then Scipio comes up and says, "That's me, is there a problem?" He asks.

I step back a little.

"Yes, Mr. Massimo. It appears your father has died. He died very early this morning in his sleep," the big bulky man explains.

I look at Scipio. His face falls a little, but not too much.

"Oh..." He says not knowing what else to say.

"A funeral is being held on Saturday, that is all," the other man says.

Scipio nods and says, "Thank you, goodbye,"

He closes the door.

There's silence. I don't know what to say. I didn't know his father so I don't know if they had a good loving relationship or a bad one.

I just stand there.

Then what seems like forever, he finally says, "My father and I never really got along....after I rode the merry-go-round and became older, I moved out and... I've never talked to my father since...." Then he looks sort of sad.

I decide to comfort him.

"I'm sorry, Scipio..." I say softly putting a hand on his trembling shoulder.

He looks at me with caring eyes, "Thank you, Juliet,"

A/N

I know this is sort of short but I plan to make the next one longer and more interesting. And... Who what's Scipio and Juliet to get together? Please comment!! :)

Thank you<3