8

"Where do you think Riccio went?" I ask Scipio as soon as he's all showered and looking dapper... Did I just think that?

"I'm not sure, I've never really figured Riccio out, he's an interesting one," he says towel drying his hair.

I chuckle and look at myself in the mirror.

I probably needed a shower. I hadn't had one in days. My clothes were messy and ugly and my hair was a little greasy. Yes, I definitely needed a shower.

"Hey, Scipio, would you mind if I took a shower myself?" I ask awkwardly looking down at my clothes.

"No of course not, go ahead," he says smiling.

"Thanks," I say and enter the bathroom.

Wow does this feel good or what?! I don't remember when I actually had a decent hot shower. It felt amazing.

Once I'm done, I dry off and look at my worn out, dirty clothes.

I guess I have no choice.

I slip them all back on and dry my hair.

Wow, actual nice clean hair.

I look at myself and think. Alright, I don't look that bad now.

I walk out of the bathroom, fearing of stepping on something again and falling, I keep myself aware of the things in his room.

Scipio isn't in the room.

I dry my hair some more and look outside into the rainy street.

I see lots of tourists taking pictures and laughing. They seem to be having such a fun time being together. I wish I could have that.

I walk out of the room and Scipio is nowhere to be found.

Then I see a note on the counter.

Juliet,

I have to go to work today. I left some money next to this note for you if you wanted to look in the shops today. I won't be back until 5:00. Have a great day!

Love,

Your Thief Lord (Scipio)

I laugh a little and eye the dollar bills he left on the counter.

I walk around his apartment a little and see a bookshelf.

I decide to be nosy and look at all his books.

I pick up one which looks interesting and then something falls out.

It's a piece of paper.

I pick it up and read it.

Scip,

This is the only way I can tell you this, but.. I love you. I always have.. Please don't be mad at me. But, whenever you put on that black mask of yours and mess your hair up, I just end up falling for you more and more. Please don't tell Prosper. He thinks I like him and I don't want our friendship to end.

Love,

Hornet.

I gasp.

Hornet? She liked Scipio?

That's interesting. I wonder how he dealt with that.

Well I'm glad she and Prosper are together. Even though I've never met her before.

I stick the note back in the book and wander around some more.

(Scipio's POV)

I get to the office and see Victor at his desk writing something.

"Good morning, Victor," I say as I enter the room.

He looks up and says, "Ah, hello Scipio, and how are you today?"

"I'm alright, what about you and Ida?" I ask setting my things down at my desk.

"Oh we're fine, Bo said he and Prosper saw you at a shop yesterday... With a girl," Victor says looking at me.

"Oh, yeah..." I say not really sure how to respond to that.

"Who is this girl, Scipio? If I might ask," he asks me like a father would.

"Her name's Juliet, and I found her running away from some men one day. They were chasing her and then she blacked out in my arms, so I took her home with me," I explain looking down at a piece of paper.

"Hm," Victor says seeming like he's processing all what I just said.

I slowly look up at him out of the corner of my eye. He's still looking at me, "What?" I ask annoyed.

"Are you two.. I don't know... Dating perhaps?" He asks like its the logical thing to do.

"Victor! I just met her!" I say defending myself.

"Sorry, Scipio... What I meant to say is.. Do you have feelings for her? You're getting awfully red there, Scip," he points out.

My cheeks are burning. Because he's making me feel awkward!

"I don't know... Why do you care?" I ask trying not to sound too rude.

"You're right, it's none of my business," he finishes going back to his work.

I stay silent and then ask, "Is there a new client?"

"Yes, a.. What's his name..." He thinks for a moment and then says, "Ah, his name is Mr. Samuel Davis,"

I nod and he continues, "He says he's missing his teenage daughter, she has light brown hair and big blue eyes,"

"Oh, alright, I'll be looking..." I reply.

"Scipio... He also said her name was Juliet,"

I then freeze. It's Juliet's dad.

A/N

Was that a good ending for this chapter? I don't know... Oh well, comment and vote!!!! :)