All Of You

I run on the cobblestone road leading to nowhere, but I'm hoping to get away from the ferryman who just found me escape out of his boat.

I'm a runaway. Well, from an orphanage. My parents abandoned me when I was just a young toddler. I just want to start over and have a new life away from being orphaned and unloved.

That's one thing I've always wanted.. To be loved. It can be any sort of love. A mother and father love for their child or even a romance kind of love.

I finally stop and catch my breath from the chase. I hope I lost him.

I then wander around the streets looking at all the little shops on the corners.

I'm really hungry. I haven't eaten in at least a day or two.

I see a little bakery on the left of me. I don't want to steal, but I have no money with me.

I am starving too..

I slowly start to walk over to the bakery making no eye contact with anyone. I play it cool and look at the stand with pastries and such.

I walk around it and carefully grab a small bread loaf and slip it under my coat.

I look around and sigh.

Phew I didn't get caught, until... "STOP THAT GIRL!!"

I hear a man scream and point to me.

Oh crap! It's the ferryman.

I run quickly out of the street careful of not slipping on the wet pavement.

I hear men's screaming voices and hard footsteps behind me.

I quicken my pace and sharply turn a right corner and keep running as fast as I can.

I then sneak into a dark alleyway and make my way down there. I look back and I don't see anyone following me, but that doesn't mean they're not around the corner.

I keep running and turn around another corner only to get bumped into someone hitting me hard on the stone ground.

"AAH!!" I scream in pain.

I then feel someone pick me up, "WHO ARE YOU?! Put me DOWN!" I struggle to get free of the person.

My vision was blurry so I had no idea who was carrying me.

"Stay calm. It's alright," the person says with a deep voice.

"Put me down!" I say and then hear voices from behind us, "THERE SHE IS!"

"I gotta go!!!" I scream at the boy.

I then feel the boy running fast.

"What are you doing?" I ask him my vision still blurry.

"Getting away from those men," he says making sharp turns.

I can only make out that the boy has something black going across his face like.. Sort of a beak.. And his hair I suppose is very dark.

I then black out.