2. Mistake

Trigger warning- Violence❌, trauma ❌

                     SARAI'S POV:

"Caroline, what's wrong with you?", I pretended to be asleep as I heard my mother scolding Caroline. My mother, Teresa Harold, has always been a cold lady, sometimes more than my father. She and my sisters are very common in this manner and I am always the odd one out.
Unlike my sisters, I liked wearing frocks while they loved dresses that were long, more mature looking.

"I'm sorry madam.", I heard Caroline whisper. Her words broke and trembled as if she will cry any second now.

"You have one work to make our daughter eat her meals and you can't even do that.", Mother whispered shouted and I turned in bed to show that I was waking up.

"Oh Caroline, you should rest. You are always worried about Sarai.", Her tone changed 180 degrees. Same manipulative and lying mother.

I got up from bed with my sheets attached to my chest and patted on the left side to find my dress already there.

"Let me help you Sarai.", Caroline whispered softly knowing very well how flinchy I'm in the mornings.

She helped me wear the frock-like dress without touching me much and only instructed me where to put my arms and such.

"You haven't eaten anything after yesterday's lunch baby.", My mother said standing a few feet away from me.

I don't spread blindness mother, I wanted to say but bit my tongue.

Throwing the sheet away, I got up on wobbly legs. The weakness in my body was prominent as I felt dizzier than ever.

"Child.. Sarai, let me help you.", Caroline cried trying to hold my arm and as soon as she touched me, I pushed her away shaking my head. I shook my head as tears cascaded down my face and emptiness filled my brain.

I felt myself floating away and falling with my face down. I don't remember hitting the ground nor do I remember anything else other than the clutches holding me tightly to my bed.

Dying would have been a better option rather than living a nightmare daily. It always starts with me tied to a bed, hands hovering over me and then....

*She wakes up after two days.*

"She is not fine! How many times do I have to tell you, Charles? Your daughter is not fine.", The kind voice of my uncle Tommy held anger for the first time. I haven't heard him for two months when my last episode happened.

"Do not talk to me in that way! YOU ARE STILL A WORKER, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?", My father shouted. Oh, how I wanted to cry for waking up again. End my agony god, I beg you. I prayed again to God to let me be at peace for one time at least.

"NO, I DON'T UNDERSTAND! Tell me why won't you take her to a hospital!? What are you hiding Charles? She wasn't like this six years ago! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HER?", Uncle's words were filled with pain as he asked my father again. I wish I could speak about my shameful uncle. I wish I could share my pain again and trust someone.

"YOU-"

"Sarai..hey, child..", uncle Tom murmured as he moved the wires attached to me.

"I'm not going to touch you, I promise. You need to stop moving.", He said as I moved away from his closing touch.

"James, call Caroline.", He said as he took my temperature.

"You are fine kiddo..you know you can tell uncle anything, right? I'm just a call away.", He said and I felt a tear dropping on my hand.