7. Past

HAYDEN'S POV:

"We all know that you have too many questions inside your head. Well, we will answer some of them beforehand and then we will take your pending questions. I hope it's all right?", Ezra asked as I watched the whole conversation going on. I could see that Sarai was confused. I could guess that she didn't even know how many people surrounded her.

"We are six men Sarai. We will take our names and you can try to differentiate us. Is that alright?", Ezra asked. It took a few seconds for her to register what he had said because when it all did she clenched her fists on the flowy material of her dress.

"Is that alright?", He asked again and she nodded hurriedly. Her face had turned sickly pale and it was clear that she would run the moment she will be away from us. She was beautiful and I could see the constant fear and a little bit of anger accompanied by a ton of pain in her eyes.

"I'm Ezra.", He said and she nodded playing with her dress.

"I'm Victor.", Victor said next and she nodded again after a second. One by one everyone was done telling her their names except me. Satan looked at me and mouthed 'speak up, you bitch' making me almost slap the shit out of him.

"Hayden.", I grumbled making her shake in her seat. She was fragile and soft and it made me want to protect her from everything. All of the five glared at me making me turn my face away from her. Do they want me to do baby talk?

"You want to ask anything Sarai?", This time Satan asked her, and I couldn't help but look at them with my side-eyes. She was still facing down with her hands tightly interlocked and shivering.

Getting up, I went to the room where I knew I could find a blanket. Opening the cupboard I picked out the warm blanket and made my way outside. They all looked at me bewildered and I gently draped it down on her shoulders.

"Shh.. I'm just helping.", I gently said, well as gently as I could but still she stiffened up. We had talked to Caroline and asked her how did Sarai communicate and the answer shocked us when she said that she hasn't said a word for more than five years. That also meant that she might not remember how to write now.

"We know you can speak Sarai. Why don't you ask us questions? Hm? You know how to write?", Blaze asked as he sat in front of her. She was shaking her head and I knew that a panic attack was nearby the way her breaths quickened up.

"Sarai, we want you to talk or communicate with us in any way you know.", Victor said almost irritated. Nothing will work and we will never know what happened to her and why is she like this...almost dead. Her family can surely tell us and maybe Caroline too but we want answers from her.

She shivered and motioned something with her hands. We all understood what she meant and Ezra was quick to come back with a pen and a notebook.

He sat on his one knee on the floor and still towered over her frame.

"I'm going to give this to you. I'll try not to touch your hand but don't worry, I'll not hurt you, Sarai. No one here will ever hurt you.", He promised and she released a shaky breathe giving him a nod.

He put the notebook on her knee and she winced pinching her arm.

"It's just a notebook Sarai. Breathe.", Satan cooed and I had to do a double-take to see if it was the same man who answers everything in grunts or growls.

Ezra put the pen on the notebook but her hands couldn't get a hold of it and a few tears escaped her eyes. A tinge of red covered her cheeks as she tried to hold the pen in her shaky hand.

"Shh...it's ok..take your time sweetheart.", Blaze said as he put the pen back in her notebook. She quivered on her seat and rubbed her eyes to get rid of the moisture.