9. Plan

SARAI'S POV:

I hate being like this. Since I'm blind, I can't see what's the time myself. I'm so much dependent on everyone for every little thing that it makes me hate myself more every day.

"It is your bedtime, Sarai. You haven't slept too well today.", I flinched as Caroline spoke suddenly. I controlled my breathing somehow and got up from the chair. I could feel her coming to help me but I shook my head stopping her midway.

I bumped into the corner of the bed and heard her taking a sharp intake of breath. It did hurt badly but I didn't react. This pain was far less than the pain in my heart.

I closed my eyes and the monsters in my head laughed, asking me why do I need to close my eyes when all I see is darkness. I could feel the burning of my eyes and soon the pillow beneath my head was soaking wet from them.

I counted in my head as time passed. My bedtime when I was a child was 9 p.m. and when I grew up it must have become 10 p.m.?

I could hear every single 'tick' sound of the clock as the place became eerie quiet. Caroline's breathing soon became lighter which meant that she had finally gone to sleep. I waited and waited as more time passed. Every minute felt like an hour and my stomach twisted weirdly.

One part of my head kept telling me that this place was safe and no one was going to hurt me while the other part warned me repeatedly that my past was going to repeat itself if I stayed here any longer.

My body almost convulsed and my eyes flew open as my own shouts filled my ears. They didn't care about my begging, my pain-filled shouts.

I pulled the blanket over my face and buried my face in my hands. You're okay. You're okay. I repeated to myself but my mind didn't stop playing its dirty game and soon I was screaming louder and louder.

"Stop...stop.. don't..", I repeated the words as dirty hands traced every part of my body.

"You will love it.", One has murmured in my ears and then he push--

"Wake up Sarai..Shhh...easy there ....breathe..come on little one, you're doing so good...take a deep breath for me.", A heavy voice broke me out of the nightmare, a nightmare which I have lived through.

"You're safe.. no one is going to hurt you ever again.", The man repeated in his soft yet soothing voice and finally I caught the person behind it. Blaze.

                 BLAZE'S POV:

I whistled lightly, finally in a happy mood after winning a boxing fight. My knuckles were busted and my face had a punch mark but I still looked better than my competitor.

Was he even alive? I don't think so.

Just before I was getting ready to go to my room, I decided to take a look at the little girl staying in our house. I took quick lengthy strides, eager to have a look at her heavenly face.

As soon as I pushed the door, a terror-filled scream resonated inside the room. I rushed inside and found Caroline already running towards the bed where Sarai's body was convulsing in fear.

Caroline and I held her down as her sharp nails cut open her skin of her face and arms.

"Wake up Sarai!" Caroline begged but it fell on deaf ears.

My eyes widened as a white foam started leaving her mouth while her body shook with her screams.

"Go, call a doctor right now!", I said to Caroline and she nodded hurriedly leaving the room.