What happened?

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

That is the only sound I can hear. The last thing I remember is successfully pulling off my plan to escape the Spanish warehouse, then... nothing. It's as if the time space between leaving the warehouse and starting the engine of the van is all that happened.

Beep

Beep

Beep

But now, here I sit by a life support machine.

All the voices that surround me are drowned out by the constant beep. The beep non of us wanted to hear. The suffering of the person they have seen grow from a child into the wonderful young adult they are today.

Beep

Beep

Beep

"I want them dead! All of them!" Isobel's voice comes out faint to me. So quiet it could be as if she were whispering, when she was far from it.

"We know Izzy, but we need to focus on securing the rest of what we own. We're venerable." Liam explains.

They then discuss the event that happened, and how we landed in the situation we are in right now. A member of our family is holding on by a thread.

"What happened?" Is all I manage to croak out.

"Kylie, maybe you should rest, its been a -"

"WHAT HAPPENED!" I demand as I stare down at the bed.

"We were attacked."

"And?" I say as I turn to James, who was staring down at the floor next to him and Alfie.

"Come to the conference room and we'll talk more there. Here is not the place." Michael says as he grabs my hand and leads me out of the room.

As we pass through the corridors, we pass many people crying, we even saw Dimitri and Diego commanding their men to set up a more secure perimeter and dispose of the bodies while our Mafia collect the ones that are still alive.

Many bowed their heads in respect, some even offered weak smiles.

But I didn't care.

Two people I loved were injured.

Once we got to the conference room we all sat in our designated seats. Me, Alfie and James and Michael opposite.

"Explain." Is all I say.

"When we received the code-16, Isaac sent Alfie and I to the airport with six teams of men to come and help you." James says. "Once we were outside of the city and near the airport we got a call from your mother saying that the house was under attack and they needed help. When we got back most of the Spanish had killed or injured every soldier we left. The woman and children had gone down to the dungeon on the orders of Sergio, who had left a group of Russians there to protect them. But we were too late..."

"Where were the rest of the Russians and Italians?" I question with blurry vision as I look at my two uncles for an answer.

"They were at the edge of Blackpool, doing a weapons check and moving things around for when you arrived home with the guns. Diego said he would bring some weapons back so we always had more than enough here." Alfie explains.

"Okay" I say.

"Kyles, you know what has to happen now. The injuries that were sustained are near fatal, theres no saying if he will wake up..." The crack of James' voice and the tension in the air is unmistakable.

"I know." I answer.

"We'll give you a minute." Michael say as he and the others rise from their seats and leave the room.

I just sit in silence.

Not a word escapes my lips. Not a sigh. I'm not even blinking.

I just stare at the seat to my left. The one at the head of the table.

A knock at the door breaks me from my thoughts.

"Come in." I say.

Dimitri and Diego walk through the doors and take a seat opposite me at the table.

"We called our mafia's back home. They're sending over our best spies." Diego tells me.

"Thank you." I tell them.

"Kylie, I know you need to grieve for yourself, but you need to fulfil the role necessary to win this war." Dimitri tells me after he nods at Diego to leave the room, which he does.

"I don't need to grieve. I need to destroy the Spanish Mafia. Take it apart and tare it down, root and stem." I grit through my teeth. The idea's of vengeance that fill my mind appear one after another.

"And your plan for that is?" He asks.

"Until recently, your mafia dealt in human trafficking, correct?" I lift my gaze to look him in the eye. '

"Yes." He answers with a regretful sigh.

"And I assume your kidnappers still work in your mafia."

"Once you join your in it for life." He explains.

"I want two things." I tell him.

"Tell me what they are and I will personally make sure they are completed." He says with determination.

"The leader of the Spanish Mafia is Ramone Diaz, he is a widow. Since the time of his wife's death, he has been focused on his two daughters. Have your kidnappers take them and I want them taken to this address until I say otherwise. Unharmed in every aspect, they are only children." I instruct as I slide the addressed note over the table to him.

"Okay, I'll have Sergio call them." He says after he reads the writing. "But that was only one thing. Whats the second?"

"I don't usually have sex, its a stress reliever for me. I would usually talk to Isaac when I'm stressed but I can no longer do that, and I need a stress relief and a distraction. You up for it?" I bluntly respond.

"Kylie, if I did this... it would be like taking advantage." He says, despite that wanting look in his eyes.

"It's a one time offer. I know you have a thing for me and right now, I'm giving you the chance. Take it or someone else will."

He sits there for a second in contemplation.

Then, he stands up and tells me what I want to hear.

"Eleven o'clock, my room."

So, in one night I: Escaped an army of Spanish soldiers, flew back to the house, found out that we were attacked by even more Spanish, got myself a chance to take what Ramone Diaz holds most dear and a fuck buddy.

But my mother has been shot in the leg.

And my brother. My best-friend. He's laying in a bed fighting for his life with the help of the life support machine.

Making me the head of the British Mafia and a vengeful sister.