The Twins Betrayal 16

Sorry for the long wait, here's an extra-long chapter.

Cayden

"Ace!"

I yelled out as I ducked under the police tape running after the boy I met today.

"Cayden!"

I heard dad yell out. I didn't care though. I was more worried about my new friend, who just found out his mother was killed. I continued to chase him as we got closer to the front door.

He passed the cops coming out. I continued after him as he slowly stopped. I stopped behind him and looked in the room.

There was blood everywhere. The cops had the yellow number things everywhere. They had his mother's body bag and we watched as they closed it.

"Ace?" I whispered.

He said nothing.

"Come on, Ace." I whispered again.

This time I slowly started to try and pull him away from the scene. He let me. We turned around and I slightly flinched, surprised to see my dad behind us.

He let us go right in front of him and we walked out.

"Sir?"

A female cop said, walking over to us.

"Yes?"

We stopped and she got a bit closer to us.

"We're going to have to bring him to the station."

"All right, but I'll take him and meet you there. I believe he'll be more comfortable with my son with him."

Third-person

Leonardo continuously glanced at the two boys in the backseat. He watched as his son would glance worriedly at his newfound friend who simply stared out of the window wiping his face of tears every few seconds.

They eventually arrived at the police station shortly after and went inside. As they went towards the front desk someone collided with Leo. They both stumbled and looked at each other.

"Leo, what are you doing there?".

"Teo? I thought you were on... Vacation."

Leo said to his younger brother.

"Yeah, I did, but I came back early." 

"All right, Teo, this is your nephew, Cayden, and his friend, Ace.".

"Hi, Cayden, I'm your Uncle Teo."

"So, what are you doing here?" Matteo asked.

Leo glanced towards Ace and gestured for his brother to go to the side.

"Ace's mother was killed."

Matteo's brows lifted in surprise.

"Oh, wow. How did you find out?"

I was late to go get Cayden and I went to drop him off because he had stayed with him. When we got to his house, there were policemen everywhere and one of the neighbors said she had been killed."

"Alright, well, how about I help you guys."

Leo nodded and walked away as Matteo went to get the case from his captain. A few minutes passed and he walked back towards the small group that was sitting down.

"Okay, the first thing is getting a DNA test done so that we can see if you have any more family members that can take care of you."  He said looking down at Ace.