The Twins Betrayal 23

Cayden

What?

Ace and I looked at each other confused for a moment. I thought for sure that this would get Mar to like us less.

"Are we not in trouble?" Ace asked her.

She and Ali turned around in their seats to look back at us.

"No, why would you be?" She questioned us confused.

Now I'm even more confused.

"Cause we got in a fight."

"But you said you were helping that girl right?" Ali questioned us this time.

We nodded and she continued.

"And you were also defending yourselves right?" We nodded again.

"Then no, you're not in trouble. So, again, what do you guys want to do?"

We both looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well, Cade, your birthday is in a few days. Did you want to do something for it?"

I shook my head and shrugged my shoulders. When the Butchers adopted us, they only celebrated Makaylas' Birthday, and the same thing with the orphanage

"Oh, can I pick?" Ace asked me.

I nodded and he quickly asked our sister to take us to the mall. She nodded and started the car up. Ali plugged her phone into the aux.

She then handed the phone to Ace, who started to play some of our favorite songs.

He started by playing NF and we listened to a few of his songs before he started to play a different artist. I looked over my brother's shoulder to see who was singing and what the song was called.

Apparently, the guy's name was Conan Gray and he was singing an original song called 'Family Line'. I really liked this song because I think that it resonated with me because of everything going on right now.

Some of what he was singing might not have applied to me but I felt like I was definitely going through something similar.

Anyways, now is not the time for such depressing thoughts. Ace continued to play different types of music and we got to the mall after about five more songs.

We all got out of the car and we started walking in the mall with Ace and me in front of Mar and Aliyah, who were just strolling behind us holding hands. We all walked in and looked around for a bit.

"So, What do you guys want to do first?" Aliyah asked from behind us.

I looked at my brother and shrugged.

"Um..." He started as he looked at one of the maps of the malls.

"Can we go to an escape room? That sounds fun."

The rest of us nodded and we went down to the first floor from being on the second.

We walked in and asked if they had any openings. They said that we are supposed to book appointments, but they could take us because they had a cancelation.

Luckily the one was for a group of four. It was called Framed. 

It was about us being accused of murder and being on the run from the police until we could clear our names. We would have to search the crime scene for clues so that we could determine the real murderer's identity.

Along with the weapon used and their motive. We had an hour to complete the room and then when the host left the room we immediately started.

It was actually pretty hard, but we were able to finish it within forty-five minutes. We ended up finishing the room faster than anyone else before us, so we got our picture taken with the timer in the room.