Pain

Managed to spew out something. Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 8

                'Don't come in.'

                'Sorry, Princess, but we're facing this together.'

                A knife whizzed through the air, narrowly missing my head. 'Find another way in! You have to find the leader - you know he's here somewhere.'

                I threw an exploding tag at Konan, but she deflected the kunai with another shot of paper. Paper. This girl was defeating me with paper. What has the world come to?

                I flung a careless lightning bolt her way, but she dodged just in time and sent her own set of attacks back at me. It was much too hard dodging her paper missiles, and even with the help of my wings, there wasn't much I could do. We were evenly matched, it seemed, one side with more weapons and the other with less, but each one more powerful.

                The other really annoying thing was that she could separate her body into a million pieces of paper and therefore dodge practically any attack. It would've been much easier if we could double-team her, but I wanted Jiraiya to stay out. Jiraiya had to stay out, as one of the Three Sannin; it would make more sense for the Akatsuki to dispose of him before me.

                As I dodged another one of those freaking annoying paper missiles, I saw a toad fly through the air, and my eyes followed it in both shock and horror as it successfully hit an unsuspecting Konan on the head.

                "The hell, dude?!" I yelled, as a smirking Jiraiya came into view. “Go after Pein. I’ll handle this one – whoa!”

                Narrowly dodging another round of projectiles, I glared at Jiraiya, hard, until he finally nodded and disappeared from view.

                “Just you and me now,” I said quietly. “You and me.”

                “Very confident of you to say so,” she said, and paper swirled around me, but didn’t do anything else. I was tensed and ready to go. “But who do you think has the upper hand here?”

                All at once, the paper closed in, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to fly out of the way in time. Instead, I drew upon Amaterasu’s chakra, forming the Rasenchidori in both hands – a skill that I’d perfected over the last two years – and spun so fast that I doubted her eyes could even follow me. As a result, the paper was shredded into pieces, falling to the ground like confetti. I stopped spinning, a bit dizzy. Konan’s hazel eyes narrowed dangerously.

                ‘You’re supposed to be more powerful than Jiraiya,’ Itachi whined. ‘Just beat her up already. Hit her where the sun doesn’t shine or something.’

                ‘I’m not sure if you realize this,’ I began, as she simply conjured up more paper. It began to swirl around her once again, and I waited for her to make the first move. ‘but women aren’t really as sensitive there. As far as I can tell, Konan is of the female gender.’

                ‘I guess I’m just very idealistic, then.’

                ‘You are literally the least idealistic person I have ever met. Realist. You’re a realist.’ I snorted with laughter. ‘Do you go to Rainbowland and play with the unicorns, too?’