Daisy Bell

It's been a while! Summer break is here! *cheers*

Soooooo umm, I just recently finished Dengeki Daisy, looked up "Daisy Bell," and found the Tin Hat version which (while it's REALLY just a weird song) I actually really like. So of course, as the overly-dramatic person that I am, I had to put it into this chapter of which I wrote in its entirety within an hour.

A note about the song: I do mention in the chapter that Kira is "dancing," which is what I feel like doing when I listen to the song. Although it's very, very morbid and dark, it's in a 3/4 meter, which is roughly the same as a waltz. I just imagine a girl and a skeleton dancing XD

Hope you enjoy! I'm going to attempt to link the song as well :)

***

Chapter 12

He had already detected us - that much was obvious. His stance stiffened rapidly, although he was alert and focused on Deidara (or so it seemed), and I thought I saw his fist clench just a little bit more as we drew closer.

"Just come on out," he finally called, dodging another round of explosives. Above him, Deidara's gaze shot over to us, clearly not having noticed us until then. "You won't do any good hiding... Kira-sensei."

"What's with that tone, Ducky?" I replied easily, but strolled out into the open. My teammates hissed words of warning. "You know, battling someone who uses explosives and drops them from above can be a difficult feat for someone who can't fly."

"Kira, I really think we should think this through first," Kakashi said from behind me, and I turned to blink at him in confusion. He sighed. "As in, not getting yourself killed would be a great step to consider."

"Are we attempting to capture Uchiha, as well?" Neji questioned.

'Are we attempting to capture Uchiha Sasuke?' I asked my fellow council members. They all seemed to consider it for a moment.

'Complete your mission first, I think,' said Tsunade, the first to reply. 'If it's entirely safe, then go ahead.'

'Agreed,' Gaara chimed in. 'Only if it's safe.'

'Why don't you just let the Uchiha boy battle Deidara by himself? You could kill two birds with one stone,' Onoki suggested. I vetoed that idea immediately.

'I can't do that. As high as the risk may be, my goal is not to have Sasuke killed; rather, I'd like to take as many precautions as possible to keep him safe.'

'Kira, he's a missing-nin and a criminal,' Tsunade warned. 'Don't let your emotions take you too far.'

'I'll be careful,' I promised. 'Sweet Deidara's in for a surprise, though.'

Sasuke had just dodged another bomb when Neji let out a breath of realization. "The ground," he said, his Byakugan activated, "it's filled with explosives. It's a minefield."

"Neutralize it with electricity," was my immediate response. I narrowed my eyes at Sasuke. "I think he'll get to the same conclusion, considering he's a lightning type. I guess I'll take care of the cleanup, then."

I shot off the ground, heading straight for Deidara. He saw me coming and veered out of the way on his clay bird, but I performed a water jutsu in midair, wetting the clay to try and make it softer. To my satisfaction, Deidara struggled a bit to keep his stance. As he launched a projectile at me, I dove downward, rising back up from below at a rapid pace.