Genius

As a huge thank-you to new followers and also as a huge apology for my absolutely horrible updating schedule (please see previous chapter if you're confused lol), I've managed to whip out another chapter RIGHT before I go to sleep.

Crucial chapter coming up! Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... and I really really hope it makes sense because this is the part where I start completely making up a new plotline. No offense to Masashi Kishimoto of course because the original manga is brilliant, but... nahhhh I'm gonna change it haha.

***

Chapter 6

                Matters only got worse. Within a month, two more Jinchuriki had been captured, and the beasts extracted from their bodies, thus killing them. It was always in order, as well; they didn’t jump around. The two-tails, a woman from the Cloud, was taken first. A while later, the four-tails was gone, too.

                And that was the least of it. Inside my own head, it was like a never-ending war, to the point that Kakashi sometimes forced me to stay home and work things out with the people in my head. To an outsider, saying this made it sound as though I were crazy, or maybe schizophrenic, but all of these people were real… as you all know.

                The big task was relaying all of my info to everyone else. Through me, the three Kages could stay in touch, but at the same time, it was just, in Shikamaru’s words, such a drag. Perhaps “such a pain” would work better, but either way, I was busy nearly every hour of the day. The information about the Jinchuriki and the Akatsuki’s movements were mainly what they worried about, but at the same time, I advised all three villages on what weapons to specialize in. In my opinion, if we were all one big fighting force, what was the point of spending the time and energy to make all sorts of weapons? Each village could mass-produce a few different types, and we would distribute them if needed.

                And then there was Itachi. Itachi Uchiha and his little brother Sasuke were the people that caused the most uproar in my life. I hadn’t yet received much information about Ducky, but Itachi had apparently been keeping tabs on his little brother. Orochimaru, he said, was close to his death.

                I wasn’t surprised.

                As I sat next to Kakashi, leaning against a tree as we watched Sakura and Naruto spar, I listened to the never-ending speeches that went through my mind. I’d recently found out that if I kept both mind links open at the same time, and if I tried really hard, I could more or less link two people together.

                ‘You say that Orochimaru’s almost dead?’

                ‘Yes. Please do not question my sources; even in an alliance, I reserve the right to keep secrets.’

                ‘Of course. But please keep in mind that one day, you will most likely be forced to tell us. Ah, Lady Tsunade; you are aware of her so-called ‘sources,’ are you not?’

                ‘Yes, I know them. But that’s irrelevant, because what are we going to do about the Jinchuriki?’

                ‘Unfortunately, we lack the skill to stop them. We know where they’re going to strike next, but even with our preparations, it seems that they have outsmarted us every time.’

                ‘Kira, wasn’t this something you were supposed to inform us about? Or have you been too busy?’

                ‘I apologize. I’ve recently been coming up with ways to counterattack, and so I haven’t yet filled you in.’