Infiltration

School. Is. A. Pain. Sophomore year and Pre-Calc are driving me INSANE. 

I decided to post the next chapter for y'all, since I'm assuming there are still some dedicated readers out there. Thank you to everyone who's still reading my extremely slow and lazy updates :)

Chapter 7

                Gaara was all up for it, and so of course, we took action immediately. Tsunade sent the Konoha Eleven along with me, and we headed for Suna without further ado. Sunagakure, of course, had the best sealing team there was in the entire Five Nations, and it so happened that they were one of our greatest allies.

                “Welcome,” said Gaara, sitting at his desk with his hands folded. “Konoha shinobi, you are welcomed here in Suna. As always, if any problems arise, please do not hesitate to inform me, and I will take care of it.”

                There was no more hesitance in his voice, if there ever had been. It was now clear, to me and to everyone else, that Gaara was rising to his true power as Kazekage. Nobody doubted him anymore. I thought back to the Chunin Exams, and smiled. How nostalgic.

                “Matsuri, please lead these shinobi to the Sealing quarters,” he said, and the brunette girl nodded immediately, bowing. “Kira, I’d like you to stay behind for a moment. Everyone else, file out.”

                “Of course,” I said. “Behave, you guys.”

                “No problemo!” Naruto cheered, and I watched as they filed out the door before turning back to Gaara. He spoke before I could.

                “The Akatsuki have taken half of the Tailed Beasts already,” he said, the room now empty save for us. “Kira, we’re running out of time. Naruto will be attacked soon, and you know it.”

                “I know,” I said. “What we need is someone to figure out more details on the Akatsuki. Our very own Voldemort doesn’t even know who his former leader is. We have no details.”

                He looked at me, his green eyes unwavering. “Is that so?”

                It clicked then, and I smiled. “Well, in that case, of course I will,” I said. “Should I take anybody else with me?”

                “Perhaps someone from your village?” he suggested. “Obviously, it can’t be the Hokage, but perhaps the other of the Three Sannin…”

                “Jiraiya,” I said. “Perfect. I’ll work out the details tonight, then. I presume that I’m cleared to make my own decisions?”

                “Cleared. I’d like you also to stay with my siblings and I. Your room will be completely unmonitored, of course, down the hallway from mine. Have the Eleven stay at the same hotel, four to a room, gender-based. I’ll have my Jonin on alert, just in case they decide to go out of order. They’ll train until they’ve mastered the basics, and you and Jiraiya will be gone by then, I presume.”

                I bowed. “As you wish.”

***

                “Your room will be completely unmonitored, of course…”

                How had he known?

               “You should definitely go to Amegakure, of course,” he said. “I know for a fact that either he or Konan will be there. Or, if you’re lucky, perhaps both of them will.”