To Believe

Hihihihihihihi I'm back! With a new update! *cheers*

Uhhh to tell the truth I had trouble writing this chapter and I kind of bullsh*tted it, especially near the end, but hopefully it's acceptable. As always, comments=dedications and votes are a side bonus ^^

***

Chapter 4

                Now I understood why he’d warned me to keep a leash on Naruto, because the blonde went into a complete rage when he saw the body. I literally had to keep a tight hold on his collar to stop him from attacking the stone statues in the cave, along with the few Akatsuki members still there. Had they managed to extract the Shukaku with only two members?

                ‘Holograms,’ Itachi explained, as though he’d been reading my mind. ‘I know you well enough to guess what you were wondering about. The rest of us joined them in a sort of hologramic form; it’s a jutsu that our leader came up with.’

                I had no response to that, because it made sense. Standing in front of us was a blonde with a creepy look on his face, his hair tied up into a sort of ponytail-thing straight up above his head. The other looked more like a contraption. I frowned; were the rest of the Akatsuki this strange, too?

                Hopefully not. That would be disaster.

                “Give Gaara back!” Naruto yelled, still struggling against my hold. “Hey, you bastards can hear me, can’t you?!”

                The blonde had constructed some huge bird out of clay and strapped Gaara to the back of it. “See ya, Sasori,” he said, and my eyes narrowed. Sasori of the Red Sand? But there was no time to ponder it, because the blonde flew out of the cave right then, Naruto changing direction and trying to run after him.

                I let him go, but chased after him myself. “Split up!” I yelled. “We’re going after the blonde. A couple of you stay here and stop Sasori!”

                I was gone before they could react, chasing down Naruto, who seemed to be running at hyper-speed out of desperation to save his friend. I glanced back and saw that Kakashi was hot on my heels, too, and so it was fairly obvious that he had left Sasori up to Sakura and Chiyo.

                ‘You sure they’ll be okay?’ I asked Kakashi, whose rhythm didn’t stumble at all, despite my sudden invasion of his mind.

                ‘Have some faith,’ he said. ‘Believe in your comrades a little more.’

                That had always been a flaw, because I didn’t like leaving it up to others. I liked getting it done by myself, or at least doing it with others instead of letting them do it on their own.

                But then again, my teammates always followed me and did what I said, trusting that I knew what I was doing and that I wouldn’t let them go astray. They had faith in me.

                Maybe it was time to start returning that faith.

***

                But before I could get involved with the battle against Deidara, I was rudely interrupted by the ever-so-constant voice in my mind. Now, don’t go thinking I’m crazy, because I’m not; the voice belonged to Lady Tsunade herself.

                ‘There’s trouble,’ she said. I frowned.

                ‘I know. I’m battling the trouble, aren’t I?’