Telepathy

I lay on the grass, staring up at the blue sky. I pushed my right foot forward, and he pushed his right forward as well in retaliation. As we began yet another completely pointless game of “Foot War”, I spoke.

                “Do you really think he’ll be back today?”

                “Lord Jiraiya said so,” Kakashi replied. “I can’t think of anything that would delay them, anyway.”

                I snorted. “I can think of a lot. For example, Naruto getting hungry, or Jiraiya going after the girls. Or maybe both. Who knows what those two have been up to?”

                “That’s true.” I could hear the humor in his voice. He sat up, grunting a little as he did. “But even so, I would imagine that he’d be itching to get here as soon as possible. He wouldn’t let anything slow him down.”

                I rolled over onto my stomach and began to mindlessly pick blades of grass off the ground. Today was one of those lazy days when nobody knew what to do at all. It didn’t help much that it was hot, too.

                I wasn’t really paying attention to my surroundings, which was why I jumped about ten feet into the air when someone screamed “KIRA-SENSEI!!!” in my ear. My poor ear.

                I glared at the blonde. “Don’t do that!” I yelled at him, but he simply grinned, and I couldn’t bring myself to scold him any longer. “It’s been too long,” I said, breaking out into a smile, and he nodded, his smile growing even larger.

                “I’ve grown so much stronger!” he announced. “Fight me, Kira-sensei!”

                I sighed. “Nah, I’m good. Actually, Kakashi, I think we’re wanted in the Hokage’s office. You too, Naruto.”

                “Why?” Naruto asked, cocking his head to the side. But then, his eyes lit up and he exclaimed, “Are we going on a mission?”

                I shrugged. “Lady Tsunade just told me to go to her office.”

                “When did she say that?” Kakashi frowned, clearly not remembering me meeting Tsunade earlier today. And I hadn’t, actually.

                I bit my lip. Although he had been on the receiving side of Amaterasu’s telepathy before, I didn’t want to make it known that I was using it practically non-stop now. I was in contact with the Fifth Kazekage, Tsunade, the Third Tsuchikage, and my friends in the village – although I didn’t use those communications much.

                ‘Kira Izanami, I told you to report to my office!’ Tsunade snapped. Uh-oh; I didn’t want to be on the receiving side of her anger.

                ‘Sorry, I had a little hold-up with Kaka-baka and Naruto,’ I apologized, before saying aloud, “Let’s go before she gets pissed.”

                Naruto shivered and followed me obediently. Clearly, he was afraid of Tsunade’s wrath as well. After a few moments, Kakashi shrugged and followed us as well, although I knew that he was suspicious. I probably wouldn’t be able to keep this up for much longer.

                ‘Why don’t you just tell him?’ Amaterasu asked, yet again. Ever since I’d started using my telepathy more often, she had been bugging me to just tell Kakashi.

                ‘I told you already,’ I hissed. ‘I already have the nickname. I don’t need anything else to be added to me. We don’t want anyone to see me as a potential enemy, like the Jinchuriki.’