2 | two

I sit on the floor of my attic, skimming the pages of a cookbook that I found in some of my mothers stuff

I'm looking for a recipe for a cheesecake. I've decided that there needs to something new for the bakery by the end of this week.

I find a page for strawberry cheesecake. It looks so good just by looking at it. I read the steps to make the cheesecake and it seems pretty easy. I have all of the ingredients for it so I climb down the latter to the attic and down the stairs.

I see my aunt watching TV in the living room and I quietly slip by her so I don't interrupt her show.

I place the cookbook beside me on the counter and I gather the ingredients.

2 hours later

I place the finishing touches on the cheesecake and I look at my art work.

I grab a knife and I cut a slice off onto a separate plate. I bring it to the living room so my aunt can taste it.

"Auntie, I have something I want you to taste." I say and she pauses the TV to look at me. I hand her the plate and fork. I take a seat beside her on the couch and she eats a piece of the cheesecake. Her eyebrows raise and her eyes widen.

I grin at her, "Is it good?"

She looks at me, "This is magnificent. You have to sell this at your bakery."

I nod, "I am, I just wanted you to be the first to taste it and also to mask sure it's good before it goes out to the world."

She hums and eats some more of the strawberry cheesecake. I get up from the couch and up to my room. I think I'm going to go for a walk.

I get dressed into a white flower print dress with yellow flowers on it. I pair it with a good necklace with a heart hanging off it. I put on my favorite pair of white lace boots. I brush my blonde hair so it's not as frizzy as it was earlier.

 I brush my blonde hair so it's not as frizzy as it was earlier

I grab my phone and walk back down stairs.

"I'm going for a walk, auntie." I tell my aunt who nods absentmindedly.

I slip out of my house and down the sidewalk. The sun shines brightly at me and I smile.

I walk past my bakery and I look inside, customers are in there and I see a few of my coworkers. Too bad I don't work today.

I was too busy watching my bakery that I didn't notice the person walking in front of me.

"Oof." I walk into a hard chest. They're like a brick wall.

"Watch where you're going." I look up and I see the same blue eyes from yesterday.

I blush, "S-sorry, I didn't see you there." I state out embarrassingly.

"Yeah I know you didn't." Killian grumbles at me.

I stare up at him in realization, "You're that guy from yesterday!"

He nods.

I smile even wider, "Would you like to try some of my strawberry cheesecake. I just made it earlier."

I hold a container of cheesecake with a fork to him. He looks at it and looks back to me. He takes the container and fork out of my hands. He opens the lid and takes a bite out of it. I see his eyebrows slightly raise and something else flashes in his eyes.

"Do you like it?" I ask, tilting my head slightly.

"Yes." As soon as he said that I grinned and I did a little happy dance.

I twirled a little and I freeze in my tracks. I slowly look up at Killian to see he's looking at me with a slight smirk and an eyebrow raised. Amusement dances in his eyes.

I laugh embarrassingly, "Sorry, I'm just so happy people like it!" He hands the container back to me.

"Where are you headed to?" He asks as we walk side by side.

I shrug, "No where specific. I just felt like taking a walk."

He nods to himself.

"Tell me about yourself. Do you have any siblings? Any friends? What do you do for a living?" I fire questions at him.

He chuckles, "Slow down, angel. One question at a time but yes, I do have siblings. A younger brother and a sister."

"What's their names?"

"Blade and Aurora. They're 16 and 20."

"Those are pretty names." I compliment.

He continues, "I work from home for my company. My mother loves to paint and my father is always reading a book. Blade is normally out with his friends if not that then he bothers everyone whenever he gets the chance. Aurora designs clothes so she's constantly having us be her model. My family are like my best friends basically. What about you?"

"Well, when I was seven, my parents and I were going on a road trip and another car crashed into us. My parents didn't make it but I did. My mother loved baking and she had her own bakery which is the one I have now. It was passed down to me after her death. I got all of my skills in baking from her and I thank her everyday. My father was like your father, he was always reading a book. But sometimes when he would come home for work he'd have two bouquets of flowers for me and my mother. Daisies and sunflowers. I live with my aunt and uncle now."

He turns to me, "You're strong for that you know. Keeping your mothers bakery after she passed away. Not all people would be able to handle all of that."

"I wanted to be reminded of her everyday." I say, staring up into his blue eyes.

We stare at each other for a few seconds before he looks away.

"I have to go home now." He tells me.

"I'll see you again right?"

He nods at me and walks down the street.

I turn back around and go in the direction of my home.