14 | fourteen

I hum as I whisk the batter of vanilla cupcakes

Today I've decided that I'll make cupcakes for Killian's guards. And I'll try to become friends with them. Hopefully they open up to me.

A few minutes later I have the cupcakes ready and I place them neatly in a cute little container.

I change my outfit because I got the cupcake batter on my clothes.

I tie my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck, adding a daisy hair clip to hold it together

I tie my hair into a bun at the nape of my neck, adding a daisy hair clip to hold it together. I grab my phone and the container and exit my house.

It doesn't take me long to get to the company building and just as I predicted, the same guards that I saw a week ago are there.

I walk up to them and they greet me with a nod of their head.

"Hi! So I was just wanted to stop by and see if you guys wanted some of the cupcakes I baked." I say.

They both look down at me and to the container in my hand. I take a cupcake out for both of them and extend it forward.

They stare at the cupcake a for second before reluctantly accept it.

They take a bite and hum in satisfaction.

"Do you like it?"

They nod at me and I notice how softer their eyes are now instead of them being tense and closed off.

I set the container beside them and clap my hands in joy.

"You can have the rest of them!"

"Bye!" I wave at them and give them a big grin. They wave back and give me a soft smile in return. Progress.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I take it out to see a message from Killian.

Killian <3

From Killian: Hey angel, I just got off of work and was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner?

From Everleigh: Hi! I'd love to come over for dinner. I'm actually outside your company!