12 | twelve

While Killian drives me to my house, I text my aunt and uncle, letting them know I'm okay and I'm stopping by to retrieve some clothes

When he parks in front of my house, I jump out of the car and run straight up to my bedroom.

I search through my closet for an outfit to wear for work. I don't have my employees wear uniform because I personally don't like wearing uniform but I make everyone, including myself, wear a name tag so people at least know we work at the bakery.

I finally find an appropriate outfit for work.

I haven't worn this top since I bought it and it looks perfect for today

I run back downstairs to hurry back to Killian. I make sure to say goodbye to my aunt and uncle.

Killian waits patiently in his car, he types furiously on his phone. He's most likely yelling at an employee.

"Hi." I greet him even though he drove me here.

"Hi." He smiles at me and kisses my cheek. "You look absolutely stunning."

I blush at his words but thank him either way.

"I won't be done with work until 6."

He shrugs, "That's fine. I'll be at the company for a meeting so don't worry."

Can this man be any more perfect?

We soon arrive at the bakery and I can see Scarlett setting up the pastries for me.

"Thank you for dropping me off." I shyly say. I hate when I get like this.

"It's no problem." He replies.

"I'll miss you." I blush and look away from his starring eyes.

He picks up my hand to bring it to his lips. "I'll miss you so much."

"Have a good day at work and don't forget to eat. And make sure you tell your family thanks for letting me stay over for two days." I remind him and he lets out a 'mhm' as I speak.

"I'll see you later, darling." He cups my face and gives me a long, sweet and gentle kiss.

"Bye!" I wave at him as I exit his car. I skip happily into my bakery, greeting people as I pass.

I go flip the sign to 'open' and head straight to the back. I tie my apron around my waist and collect some ingredients for a recipe I've been wanting to make for a while now.

Scarlett comes busting into the kitchen with narrowed eyes set on me.

"Everleigh Davis!" She stomps overing until she's right in front me. I tilt my head back a little since she's taller than me, standing at around 5'7 while I'm 5'2.

"Yes?" I ask innocently.

"Who we're you just with?"

"Killian." I reply, not really sure where this is going.

"You mean to tell me Killian just dropped you off? Is something going on between you guys?" She asks.

I blush a deep red and that's all she needs for an answer.

"Oh! Oh! Did you guys kiss?"

I nod and screams in excitement. A few other people in the kitchen give us weird looks.

"My little Evie is growing up." She wipes a fake tear drop and hugs me.

I lightly laugh at her words.

"I am not little." I do my best to glare at her but I must not look intimidating because she just buckled at me.

"Says the one who's 5'2." She says slyly.

"Hey!"

We laugh together but she turns to me and gives me a serious look.

"Now tell me, when did all of this stuff between you and Killian happen."

I sigh and begin to tell her bits and pieces but I don't get descriptive because I feel that a lot of the stuff Killian and I do is only meant to be between him and me.

When I'm done talking, Scarlett is literally swooning.

"Girl, you better marry this man right now."