6 | six

As I stand outside of Sweet Cheeks, I begin to contemplate if going here was a good decision

As I stand outside of Sweet Cheeks, I begin to contemplate if going here was a good decision. I mean what if she isn't even working today? Or I see her with her boyfriend?

I shake my head to get rid of my thoughts and open the door to the bakery.

The aroma of sweets hit my noise as soon as I walk through the doorway. It brings a wave of comfort throughout my body.

My eyes wander around the place, searching each and everyone for the small, blonde girl.

I see her behind the counter, taking peoples orders and I instantly grin.

As I walk up to her, she looks up and our eyes meet. Happiness lights up her eyes and in that moment, it's only us. No one else. Just me and her.

"Hi Killian!" She happily greets me.

"Hi baby." I see her cheeks visibly blush a deep red at the pet name I called her.

"W-what are you doing here?" She questions.

I smile at her, "I wanted to see you."

"Really?! I was wondering if I would see you again." There's a hint of sadness in her tone.

Of course I would see her again. I would see her everyday if I could but work gets in the way and sometimes I really wonder if I should quit

"Don't worry, angel, I will visit as much as I can. I promise you." I say and tuck a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Yay! That means you can try some of the new recipes I've been creating recently!" She hugs me and pulls me towards the kitchen.

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be taking peoples orders?"

"Scar takes over right now anyways. So it's basically my lunch break."

I nod and allow her to lead me into the kitchen.

The kitchen is sort of messy but it just shows how much work is being done. Four put her employees work swiftly across the kitchen, greeting Eve as we pass.

She drags me towards the middle of the kitchen.

"This is where I usually work at. It's quite messy because I didn't have time to clean before you got here. So I hope you don't mind." She smiles sweetly at me and my heart flutters from just the mere sight of it.

"That's okay, it just shows how hard of a baker you are." I kiss her forehead and a rose color tints her cheeks.

"Did you want to help me bake cupcakes?" She asks using her puppy eyes. I would have said yes either way.

"Of course, baby."

She excitedly rushes over to the fridge to gather the ingredients. I help carry over the equipment to her station.

"Wait! You need an apron before we start!" She exclaims and before I can protest she comes back and hands me a baby blue apron.

I sigh and tie it around my waist. Whatever makes her happy.

She starts to pour flour into a mixing bowl and I stand beside her dumbfounded. I never really baked anything before

Eve instructs me to crack the eggs open while she gets the flour and sugar ready.

I crack as many eggs as I can until she tells me to stop.

"Alright, now you can pour the eggs into the bowl."

I do as she says and after I pour the eggs, she begins to mix all of it.

I carefully watch how she pour the batter into the cupcake pan.

How does she do this so..... perfectly? I mean, I understand that she always baked with her mother but even I can't pour the cupcake batter into the pan without spilling it on the floor or on the counter. I'll have to ask if she can teach me how to bake someday.

Eve sets the pan into the oven and puts on a timer for thirty minutes.

"What would you like to do now?" She asks.

I shrug and wipe some batter from off her cheek.

We stare into each other's eyes, mesmerized. From close up, her eyes look more light brown than dark brown. Specks of gold float around and it just makes her even more angelic.

My eye flicker down to her lips. They're so plump and pink. She starts to bite her bottom lip, so out of instinct, I bring my thumb down to her lip and pull it out from her teeth.

I move my eyes back up to hers and she's staring at my lips.

Eve slowly leans in and I do as well. Her eyes close but mine stay on her, watching her closely.

Our lips meet.

Sparks fly and it feels like the fucking fourth of July.

I bring my hand to the back of her head and thread my fingers through her silky blonde hair. We move our lips against each other. She plants her hands on my shoulders to steady herself.

I lick her bottom lip with my tongue, silently asking for permission. She opens her mouth slightly and I slide my tongue inside, exploring every inch.

Before I can deepen the kiss, she pulls away and quickly rushes out of the kitchen.

What the fuck?

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. Why did she run away? Did she not like the kiss? Am I bad kisser?

So many possibilities go through my head.

The timer for the cupcakes go off and I take them out of the oven for her. I take off the apron and put it back in its rightful place. I step out of the kitchen to see Scar still behind the counter.

"Hey uhm, have you seen Eve?" I ask her.

She shakes her head no.

"Okay, just tell her that I took her cupcakes out of the oven for her and that I said goodbye."

She nods and I walk out of the bakery.