13

"Well then, what is this about 'My Future' that seems to be of issue here?" Vlad drawled. Jazz noticed Valerie gritting her teeth in frustration at the man and his cockiness.

"We know that you have an idea about this."

"If by idea you mean hallucinating and seeing your future in a mess, then yes. However, it seems the one I came to meet isn't here...I assume he's with-"

"Yes Clockwork took him to the future. " Jazz cut him off. "It seems there's some issue in the future of Amity. Danny also had hallucinations like you...though it were in the form of dreams. He saw an incident which supposedly lead to the current situation in the future."

Vlad listened carefully. He admired the girl for her maturity, something her parent-father to be precise lacked deeply. He was even shocked to find both the kids equally smart and matured...as though Jacks missing brain cells were infused into them.

Looking at the young adult, he nodded and got up from his seat. "If that's the case, then I ought to assume that my episodes have something to do with this whole thing as well." He shuddered, the sight he saw earlier wasn't a very pleasant one...he was ready to do anything to avoid such a disastrous future.

"I think I would like to be of assistance. You know a temporary truce till this matter is solved." He smirked at the two girls. "We could try to work things out at our end...because from what I saw, the future and the present will destroy each other."

From their faces, it was plainly obvious how confused the two were.

Finally, aa thiugh finding the energy ro ask, Valerie spoke, "Why should we trust you? How can we take tiur word for it? Aftwrall you are a selfish, arrogant prick."

Vlad tsked and whirled on his feet, he expected them to ask this. And how much ever he hated to admit it, he was ready to do anything to help out. "what's the point of being rich, and powerful of one will die in the future? I may be selfish or arrogant but I'm not stupid. I know when it's time to stop my usual charades and get down to business."

Jazz eyed him suspiciously, not out of mistrust but instead, it was because of her psychological analysis.

Vlad wasn't one who'd readily declare something like that and offer his help and services. Vlad was scared.

And that means, they would have trouble soon.