2

Clockwork looked through his many time screens.

He already knew what was on there and was to come but still he looked, as though searching for something.

Then he opened a screen only known to him and looked at it. He then smiled as he saw it.

He then realized that it only existed in his memory.

***

"Hey Danny!" Danny turned to see Valerie waving at him.

"Weird. I thoiught you both were done?" Sam asked, coldly.

Danny ignored her comment and went to Valerie, "Hey! Whats up?"

Valerie shrugged, "Nothing much, just you know, trying to make ends meet and all." she looked around before continuing, "Danny, do you think we could, you know, talk in private?"

"Actu-"

"Actually, he's got something to do." Sam said, interrupting Danny and pulled him away.

He could hear Tucker mutter "Clueless" as Sam dragged him on.

"Danny! Its important! Its-um...its...its regarding Phantom." Danny stopped. He turned to look at Valerie. Sam also looked worried. Tucker pulled Sam and Danny went back to Valerie.

"What about that ghost?" he said, crossing his arms. She pointed to the crowd of teens outside. Danny took her near the dumpster and asked again.

"Your parents are ghost hunters, right?"

Danny wanted to slam his hand into his head. He thought for a moment, she learnt of his secret. He hadnt seen her for a week now, and was wondering whether she changed her mind about Phantom.

"Hello?" She called him out of his thoughts. He looked at her and nodded.

"Have they ever caught Phantom or researched him or anything?"

"Not that I know of, but why all this sudden interest in that?" Danny asked, confused than ever.

Valerie started to speak but stopped, after a moments thought, she spoke "I, was wondering if I could help Phantom instead of hunting him."

"Huh?"

"Oh yeah, I never told you, did I? I had taken up a part-time job from V-er...well from the Mayor. I would hunt ghosts, mainly Phantom and he would give us an apartment for free and stuff."

Danny frowned. "So, since when? And why are telling me this now?"

Valerie gave a dry laugh, "Since the time my dad had lost his job." she saw the dissappointed look on his face. "You know, I kinda dumped you because I wanted to prevent you from getting inbetween this job, I didnt want Phantom to hurt you or anything, I mean, I really liked you, you were sweet and all.

But then, a month back, I learnt something about him. It was like when I used to think you were a jerk only to later realize that you werent at all, it was just life being a bitch, only thing this time, it was Phantom, and he tried telling me that."

"Again, why are you telling me this?"

"I-umm...I want to ask you...do you and your parents believe in the existance of good ghosts?" Danny didnt like this question.

After meeting Dani, she still didnt get it? Why was Amity filled with such lovely people, who dont seem to get the obvious?

"Ya, there are some." he replied.

"What about halfas?"

"Halfas?" Danny asked. No one in Amity ever said halfa, only the ghosts have used that to call Danny.

"Yeah, you know, what those ghosts call Phantom, halfa-meaning half ghost"

"Half human." Danny finished.

Valerie frowned. "Half human." she muttered. "No one ever mentioned what was the other half, how did you know?"

"Huh? What other could it be? I dont see Phantom being half pig!" He replied calmly. Inside, he kept hitting himself. Why did he have to say that, he's ruining it.

"Hmm...Danny?" Before Danny could respond, a blue mist came out of his mouth. At that very same moment, Valerie's ghost detector beeped.

"Shit!" Danny mumbled to himself when he saw Skulker infront of them.

"HELLO GHOST CHILD!!!" He blasted something over Danny. Danny didnt realize that untill it was too late.

He was now trapped in Skulker's net!

"Finally! I can have you as my pelt! GUess I should have listened to your advice before.  Make your attck more of a surprise than routine, who knew!" Danny tried to get out but he couldnt.

"Thats it. I'm going ghost!" Then two white rings formed around him as he transformed into his Phantom self. He went intangible.

"Ouch!" he screamed.

"I expected more of a fight from you, whelp. Do you really think that my nets would be phasable?"

Danny ignored him and tried shooting an ectoblast at it. Didnt work. He could see his house nearby. Soon, SKulker will him into the portal, he had to get out of this net before that.

Suddenly he felt something hit the net, Skulker looked around and saw who it was. "Oh, the Red Huntress is here. Guess I can take her as well."

Danny saw how Skulker shot a tazzer at her, he saw her faulter. He let out a sigh of relief as she manned to get away. But he knew she wont last much alone. He tried out everything to get out but couldnt.

Then, as if on cue, he felt cold. Smirking, he let out his ice powers and froze the net and then released an ecto-blast. It broke open.

Just as he got out, he saw Skulker throw his darts at her. He tried to go faster towards her, when suddenly, he found himself right next to her!

He caught her and went intangible. He then tried to catch up with Skulker and once again, he found himself right behind him. He attacked him and then quickly searched for the thermos.

"Uh-ho...No thermos! WHeres Tuck when I need him?" He growled in frustration.

"Yo, Danny! Catch!" Danny saw Valerie throw her hunting thermos at him. He caught it. "Thanks." he said, as he got Skulker into it. It was only after he did that, that he realized that Valerie called him Danny.

"Danny! Wait!" Danny stopped and looked at her.

"Danny, I...I..."

"Im Sorry" he told her.

"What? Why? I should be the one to say that! I have been attacking you! YOU! I left you to keep you safe, when i've just been hunting you! I am so so sorry. Danny please forgive me!" SHe cried onto his shoulders.

"Val, its no big deal, you didnt know who it was, and all ghost hunters are after me anyways, so it was nothing. I'm sorry, I should've told you sooner."

"You should've, I mean when I came to know Dani was your cousin, I started to realize that maybe Phantom is also half human, like her...but who was he?"

"So you came to me?"

"Ya, he reminded me soo much of you. I think the first time I met Phantom, I mustve said that too."

"ya, you did." Danny replied, scratching his neck. It was weird. He never expected it to go like this.

Suddenly he felt dizzy.

"You know how many weeks I kept watching you and Phantom? Then when I saw Tucker and Sam among with Phantom I kinda realized it. But I never knew how to being it up. Then I was talking worth Dani and then she told me that it'll be best if I tell you..." she trailed

off as she noticed him getting sweaty.

"Danny? Danny?" He heard her call him but he couldnt move.

Everything went black.