Chapter 15

I gasped as a hand made contact with my back and guided me to sit down on the steps. My hands were shaking and my lungs were refusing to take in any oxygen. I rubbed my temple and continued to look out into space. Shaw and his heartless eyes was all I could think of. I couldn't let them go after him. They would only end up hurt.

"You can't go after him," I blurted out after a minute of silence. Dom crouched in front of me, his familiar brown eyes meeting mine.

"Shaw, is he the one-," I cut him of knowing he was referring to what happened to my family.

"Yes. You can't go after him," I folded my shaking hands and looked to Ace. "He's dangerous. A-and heartless. I-I can't let you guys become a part of this." I leaned back on my arms and sighed. God I was so weak.

"We don't' have a choice," Letty added. My eyes snapped open at the sound of her voice.

"Then I'm coming with you guys." I replied. Ace opened his mouth to disagree but I glared at him. "If anyone in here has the right to take down Shaw, it's me." I got up and dusted of my hands and finally met Brian's eyes. "Lets go home, it's been a long day." Brian nodded and quickly made his way out of the bar.

The ride home was once again drowning in silence. Brian wasn't making his way to his apartment but rather to Dom's house. I didn't question him, but he took my silence as an invitation to justify himself.

"Dom wants to talk to you, and Mia and I have some important news," he started. "Whether you believe it or not your family now Merc. Your absence wouldn't feel right."

I opened my mouth to refuse but shut it as his hands tightened around the wheel.

"I'm leaving after you announce the "good news"." I mutter rubbing the back of my head.

I quietly got out of the car, too tired to bother slamming the door. Mia was waiting at the door, she gave me a quick hug and proceeded to give Brian a light kiss on the cheek. I walked quietly to the backyard where dinner was set-up. I didn't talk much. I just watched. I was surrounded by people but still felt so lonely. I had been out of the loop for so long that there was no point of me being filled in. I was like I was the third cousin at the wedding. Which makes sense, out of everyone here tonight I was the most expendable. I meant the least. I was only here because Mia felt she had an obligation towards me.

I zoned back in as food was placed onto the table. Mia quickly stood and tapped the side of her glass. "Before we eat, me and Brian have some good news." Brian cleared his throat and rubbed Mia's back. "Mia's pregnant."

And then thee was noise. Loads of it. People were laughing, crying. Patting Brian on the back. Shaking hands with Dom. I gave Mia a watery smile before making my way out of there. I looked at all hem one last time after reaching the back door. They didn't even realize what kind of danger they were in. And hey never would know. I was going to get rid of this danger Shaw once and for all. Even if it killed me.

--------------------------------------------------