Chapter 9

It was cold today. A haze of white bled across the room floor. I hopped out of bed and opened the window,  the temperature in the room dropped some more. Grey clouds filled the sky, making the sky look angry and sad. I was depressed. It didn't take a genius to figure out it out. I had lost my appetite, and there was no longer a bright side to anything. I had been ruined, by the one man I had ever truly confided in. 

Now I was jobless and homeless. Rooming with two men, one a cop and the other god knows what. I was tiring of jumping from one house to another. I was building my twice ass high and twice as thick. It was like I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. Moving two steps forward and three steps back. 

"Mercy, I got a job for you," said Brian barging into my room. He looked dead. His clothes were torn ad crumpled and his yes had dark bags under them. I nodded my head, still taking in his appearance. 

" I need you to get a message to Dom. I know you don't want to meet him, are talk to him or even hear about him. But I'm cornered, I can't tell you why, but you have to trust me. Please mercy can you get this message to him? I need your help Mercy. Please?" He asked holding out a white envelope with Dom's name on it. 

I pondered for a few seconds and reached out my hand for the envelope. It was the least I could do for him, he was giving him a home, I had to repay him somehow.

"How long do I have to get this to him?"

"A few hours," he muttered running his hand through his hair. Thank you Mercy."

I sighed as he left the room. I didn't bother eating after I finished getting ready. the faster I got to Dom the faster I would be able to get over the interaction.

The drive to Doms house had been quiet. The roads were dead. Everyone was holed up in their rooms, sleeping off the night before. And here I was walking back into last night. Ready to open this gaping hole. Time was moving to fast and so was my heart. I wasn't ready for this. I would never be ready for this. I had already fell for him once, falling a second time would be so much easier.  I let out a puff of air as I parked it in-front of his beige house. The lights were out. They were all surely sleeping. 

I quickly opened Brians car door and made a point of slamming it. I made my way to the door knowing that someone was surely looking out their window. The door was open before I lifted my hand to knock. It was Letty. I froze, trying to stop my eyes from roaming to the hickeys on her neck. 

"Is Dom here?" I asked, my voice monotone. I knew my eyes were blank. I wouldn't be weak in front of anyone and especially not hr. Not again. 

"No," she muttered closing the door but a hand stopped itt. 

"Mercy?" asked Dom. 

"I have a letter for you. Brian sent it. He say's it's important, he's wreck right now. I don't know whatt's in it. Nor do I wish to know. Goodbye Letty, Goodbye Dom." I speak before proceeding to my car. I didn't wait o see if thy opened the letter or not, or to see if they watched me leave, I drove like a mad man.  The faster I got home the better. 

But home wasn't any better either. It was quiet, too when compared to the toretto's home. Empty fridge, no heat and a missing T.V remote. That's what greeted me when I got home. It sucked, but it was better than nothing. I brought out a comforter and slid onto the couch. Sleep enveloped me as the emotions fled away form me.  I was going to Wake up tomorrow made of titanium. Nothing was every going to break me or phase me.  A new Mercy would wake tomorrow, a stronger one.