Chap 5

The doctor finished fast. Or maybe I just zoned out. What ever it is, it doesn't matter. I quickly thanked the Doctor and made my way out of the room, tearing of the hospital wrist band and throwing in the trash. I hated hospitals. They wreaked of chemicals. And the feel of panic and pain surrounding patients was contagious. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and hide. I shoved my hand in my pocket and leaned against the wall and took in a few deep breaths as I slid down to the cold floor. I kept fucking things up. Dom was going to hate me. I just keep screwing things up for him. I should've left the second I woke up. I had to much baggage. I was just pulling every on else around me down. My like is like a storm. Any ship I seek refugee is going to sink when the waves of my past catch up to it.  And I can't carry that guilt around with me. I can't live the rest of my life knowing that the reason Dom's family crashed and burned is me. I need to leave. Now.

I wiped my eyes and pushed myself up.  I quickly made my way to the exit and before I knew it I was running. I had to get out of hear, I had get as far away from here as possible. I couldn't get close to these people. They'd just get hurt. Get killed. I sob made it's way to my throat. I held my breath and pushed myself to run faster.  I saw a bus sop a dew feet away. I slowed down to a stroll and thought over what I was doing. I had no money, no clothes, and no plan as to where I was going. I sighed and looked up at the cloud filled sky as my breath fogged up around me. I closed my eyes and dreamt and woke a while later to the sound of brakes squealing. I opened mt eyes squinted at a familiar charger. 

"Get in the car," screamed Brian.

"Why," I yelled back. 

"Cause I said so," he replied and got out of the car. "Do you want me to carry you into it?" 

"You ain't gonna do shit!," I said getting up and walking away. 

"Mia's gonna beat you black and blue, she's a mess and so is Dom! What hell did you think you were doing running away. You've only been here for a day and you all ready have both of them wrapped around you finger. DO you know how bad you hurt them?" he said grabbing my arm and pulling me towards the car. 

"That's why I'm leaving Brian! What's gonna happen if I stay here longer, it's just gonna hurt them even more. It doesn't mater whether I leave or stay at the end of the day, you guys are gonna get fucked over for my stupid decisions. And I just can't, Brian, I can't live knowing that you guys are in danger," I yanked my arms out of his hands an slid to the ground. 

"What the hell are you talking about Mercy?" whispered Brian moving hair out of my face. 

"I-I fucked up Brian. There are people after me. Bad people. A-and I'm scared that t-there going to hurt you guys. You have to let me leave, I'm only gonna screw you all over." I sobbed. 

"Stop Mercy. Nobody'd gonna hurt us ok? Now get up and into the car, you're freezing. We'll talk about this once we get home,k?" he asked gently. I sniffled and nodded my head. I sat on the familiar leather seat and was out like a light after Brian shut the door.

I didn't remember much after falling asleep. I guess somebody carried me to bed and I'm pretty sure Mia changed my clothes. I took in a deep breath and hauled my ass off the bed. I quickly brushed my teeth and didn't bother with showering. I really didn't want to face Mia and Dom. Or the rest of the gang for that matter.  The clock read 8:40pm. I sighed. I slept my day away. 

I slowly made my way downstairs to the kitchen and peaked inside. Everyone was around the table, but no one had touched there food yet. I froze as Dom met my gaze. IT was full of anger and hurt. My yes started to burn, but I couldn't bring myself to move. 

"Mercy," squealed Mia  and wrapped me up in a bear hug. I quickly wrapped my good arm around her a whispered sorry. 

"I'm not the one you have to convince, it's Dom," she whispered back. "He's pissed."

I nodded my head and looked up at Dom. " Dom, I-"

"Shut up Mercy. I don't want to hear it," he said pushing his chair back and leaving.

"Dom, " I said following him up the stairs. " Let me explain. This wasn't how I planned on leaving. I just-" the door slammed shut. "Dom! Open the door. Let me explain." My fist flew at the door. "Dom, please, just listen to me." I hard some thing break. I knocked harder."Dom. please. God Damn it. Just listen to me," I yelled. My voice was hoarse. "Someone murdered my parents when I was younger," the noise in Doms room stopped.  "I watched it happen. When I was five, these men came into my house. Said they were looking for my daddy. They cuffed me and my mum to the bed and made me watch, t-thy cut my dad fingers off. All of of then. God it was awful," I sob wracked my body. "My mum tried to cover my eyes.  Bu she couldn't reach. All I could see was blood. They shot him in the head, right between both his eyes, and then they burnt him. ," I wiped away my tears and took in a deep breath. "Then 5 years later they came back for my mum. I didn't see anything this time, but I heard it all Dom, and it was so awful. They raped her and I didn't do anything about. She locked me and my little brother and sister in the closet. They slit her wrists after and the cops claimed it was a suicide. They didn't believe anything I said."

Th door flew open and his arms wrapped around me.

"They did the same to my brother and sister 2 years later Dom. That's why I ran, cause the same things gonna happen to all of you and me if I stay," I whispered. "I'm sorry." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, thanks for reading. xoxo