Chapter 18

His fist quickly dug into my ribs as he straddled me. I had been riling him up for a half an hour now. I'm surprised he hasn't killed me yet. This had always been my best defense, my best weapon. It seemed as if my indifference was all that was keeping me alive.

I hadn't fought back yet. Not even once. My arms had been glued to my side since Shaw had stepped into the room.I was honestly really tired. Not physically but emotionally.I think Shaw had picked up on that too. His punches had grown stronger by the minute and the hand strangling m tighter.

"Bitch, say something," yells Shaw slapping the side of my bruised face. "Didn't your mother teach you any manners?"

I stiffen at the mention of my dead mother.

"Ah, there's the emotion. Had I known I would've brought up your dead family earlier." He went on. "Do you still think about it, Mercy?" he whispered running his hands through my hair. " The way they screamed and cried and bled to death cause of you?"

A choked sob left my body as he vividly repeated their demise.

I took in a deep breath and held it. I couldn't let him win. I was stronger than this. Bigger than this. I had to show him that  the BS coming out of his mouth didn't mean shit. So I giggled. In the midst of him repeating the demise of my family beating black and blue, I giggled. And soon that giggle turned into a hollow laugh that resonated throughout the room. "Hit me harder Shaw, HARDER!" I screamed grabbing his fist. "I can't fell anything Shaw, make me feel!," I screamed grabbing the broken Jack Daniels bottle. "Hurt me, please." His eyes widened as  looked from me to the weapon i was offering. 

"This is what you wanted, wasn't it?" I asked innocently. "You wanted to see me broken. You wanted to hurt me. You wanted to fuck me over so bad that I couldn't function." I laugh racked my body once again. "Well here I am, a little messed in the head, offering you that chance to finish me of . Take it," I mutter nudging the bottle into his hand.  Kill me Shaw."  

"Gladly," he whispers finally getting over the shock of my words. His hands quickly take the bottle from me  and before I know the bottles wedged into my abdomen. I let our a gurgled laugh as a pulled it out of myself and quickly wedged into into him. He stumbled back an looked down at the bottle impaling him. His mouth open in shock and eyes wide. He too pulled the bottle out just as the front door swung open.