Chapter 19

"Mercy?" whispered Letty letting the hallways light flood through to the dark kitchen floor. Shaw pushed me aside and shuffled to the window and, it wasn't long before his figure moved through the window and onto the fire escape. The kitchen lights flickered on as I rolled onto my side and got up onto my knees. I felt keys drop to the floor followed by I quiet gasp. "Mercy!". I heard someone shuffle towards me and gasped.

"Stop!" I muttered angrily. "Get the fuck outta here! Leave me be!"

"You're bleeding," she muttered calmly.

"The bloods not mine. Now get! I don't feel like putting up with you right now. I'll answer any question you have at a later time. Fuck off for now ." I said my voice steadier having lost some of it's anger. I trickle of blood slid down to my chin.

"I just came here to pick up something for Brian." she muttered angrily before she shuffled towards his room. "You might wanna clean up or some shit. You look like you came straight out of a horror movie." She didn't say anything after that. She didn't even look at me. I sighed in relief as she made a quick exit out after retrieving what ever it was she needed.

I pulled on the counter and heaved myself off the floor. More blood gurgled up through my mouth and rolled down my chin. The walk to the bathroom was long and painful. I didn't look at my reflection. I heaved myself into the bathtub and let it fill with cold water. My body numbed instantly. I leaned me head back and sighed.

This is how I was gonna end. Alone and cold.

The water in the tub was a translucent red. Almost pink. A$AP Rocky flooded in from the apartment next door.

  "Everyday I spend my time
Drinking wine, feeling fine
Waiting here to find the sign
That I can understand..."

I shudder traveled through my body as my mind finally registered the pain in my abdomen. And a light moan escaped my chapped my lips. The world around me quieted, even Rocky faded. It was like i was there but I wasn't. I couldn't feel my body anymore. I couldn't do much of anything anymore as the water traveled up above my chin and gently caressed my face. I felt a tear escape my tired eyes as the cold water pulled me down into the tub and I finally succumbed to the hands of death.

It was opaque once I was under. And it felt like the ocean was raging in my ears. Lazy bubbles escaped me lips and floated to the top as the bloody water filled my mouth and my ears. It hugged every curve of my body. And I couldn't help but let relief flood my body alongside the water. It was finally gonna be over. The nightmares, the heartbreak the guilt. It was all gonna be gone. And so was I.

I let the last of my oxygen make its way to the top of water as a slow smile made it's way to my lips. I was gonna be free. The water shuddered and then my cold world faded to a quiet blackness... faded to a quiet freedom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------