Chapter 11

I had waited all day for tonight. I had to get this shit right. I needed this job. I managed to dig up some makeup but the heels were a big no. I had you-tubed all the possible bar-tending videos I could, and Brian had even helped. He had volunteered to drive me over to the  club again. He had been a bit skeptical after he had seen my outfit, but he had shrugged it off upon seeing my reaction to his reaction. This car ride, unlike the previous had consisted of me listening to Brian babble about any Bullshit a guy or a girl pulled while I was working. He went over some fighting moves, and when there was nothing left to say he started all over again. 

The good-bye had been awkward. We had nothing to say, no words of wisdom or comfort, just shaking of hands and an awkward smile before we were on our way, on our separate ways. The second his car drove off into the sunset, me comfort fled me, and I was left vulnerable. It was no longer failing that I was worried about, it was all the things that could go wrong tonight. What is I got raped, mugged, what if my pas decided that tonight is a good night to come back and haunt. 

The slamming door pulled me out of my thought, I quickly composed myself searched for the source of the sound, only to freeze at the sight of the same blue eyed man as before. He smirked as he made his way towards me. It didn't take long for me to realize that I was in danger, grave danger of turning into a babbling fool. I didn't have with him what I had with Dom, but it was there. Something was there. It wasn't the aura of safety he emitted, it was the aura of not caring. You could tell he wanted nothing permanent, and that was exactly what I wanted. He wasn't looking for love or commitment. He was looking for truth and a good time, exactly what I was looking for. I had more in common with this stranger than I had had with the last two men I had loved. And it offered a type of stability, a fair ground. 

"I'm Ace," he muttered grabbing a hold of my hand, his hand devouring mine whole. "I'll help you around today." 

"You probably know who I am?" I replied looking into his eyes. 

"Sure do," he replied smirking once again, his blue eyes getting brighter. "follow me." he said leading the way. We walked in thought the main door and I froze in shock, the once dead club was now full of swinging bodies and loud conversations. "Bar this way," he said over his shoulder. I quickly followed, dodging sweaty bodies and flailing arms. Sighing, once I reached the safety of the bar. "Okay, so let's go over the basics. These are the mos common liquors, you can never Gore wrong with these, it goes from lightest to darkest spirits."  he picked up a shot glass. " I like to count by thousands when I free pour. And that's it, Florence will handle all the fancy stuff, if you get into a bit of trouble just let her know." he said moving over the bar just as pretty, curvy blonde got in behind the bar. 

"I'm Florence love, and you must be Mercy?" she said putting out her hand. I shook it nodding. "Don't look so glum love, you'll get used to the atmosphere by the end of the night. You can pour the easy drinks and I'll teach you how to do the rest when it dies down, k?" I nod my head again as a I put on an apron she chucked at me. Her grey eyes lighting up as I fumble with the bottles. "And loosen up as little would you. People around here are pretty understanding." I nod my head and turn to the fist guy on the stool. 

"What can I get for you?" I ask, my voice fake and perky. 

"Oh, and don't be so fake," she added over her shoulder. I nodded my head. This was going to be a long night. 

=======================================================================

I had finally gotten the hang of it, my hand no longer shook when I poured the liquor and I even gave out a few smile. I had put my hair down half way through, and had totally lost any signs of jewelry. I had gotten used to the loud music, and had held up a few decent conversations. I was going to like this job. Florence was easy to work with, and both Ace and the owner didn't stick there nose into our business. 

"A scotch please," called out a familiar voice. I felt my muscle's tense, as I turned around and came face to face with Dom. "And a gin for the lady. " he added with a smirk. 

I quickly poured and handed them their drinks before moving to a customer as far away from them as possible. This was such BS. 

"An Ex," asked Florence working next to me. 

"Yup," I replied sliding over a vodka. "Freaking asshole, told him to never come near me again, and look at what he does, he shows up here with his new girl, or old girl, what ever works," I muttered, sliding my hair into a bun behind my back. "If doesn't leave, I might actually lose my shit," I said sighing as I refilled a mans glass. 

"You know what you should do? ," she asked. "You should show him how little his shit phase's you. You should show him how little he means to you." I nodded my head, shoving my emotion to the bottom of my heart I went back to him. 

"What can I get you?" I asked, looking into his brown eyes. 

"Another scotch please and nothing for the lady," he replied. I quickly refilled it. "Anything else?" I asked resting my chin on my hand. 

"Come back Mercy," I froze. 

"To what, a house full of BS. No thank you," I replied pushing off the table and grabbing his still full glass of scotch. "Leave me alone Dom, Your broke me once, don't do it again." 

He looked at me for minute and then got up. "You know where to find me if you need me Mercy, I'll always be here, we'll always be there." he said making his way outside. 

"Yea, that's what everybody says," I muttered turning around reaching for another bottle while spilling his scotch."But thy all fuck you over in he end. Every single one of them." 

"You bitch," cried a man on the other end of the bar. I turned took look at Florence glaring at a man twice her size. "Do you know who your messing with.?" he seethed, his fists clenching and his veins popping out. "YOU Fuc-" 

"Hey, don't' talk to her like that," I interrupted stepping in-front of her without even realizing it. "Why don't' you pick on someone your own size, yeah?" 

"And if I don't?" he asked grabbing a hold of my arm. 

"You answer to me," said a voice from behind him. I looked over to see Ace standing a few feet away. "Let the woman go.  All she did was refuse to go out with you. It's not her fault your so unattractive." he said smirking. "And she's right, why don't you you mess with somebody your own size?" he added. And that's when his playful mood fled him. "Get out of my bar. The next time you show up here, you'll be dead on the floor with a bullet through your head, you got it?" The man glared at Ace, but still made his way out the doors, slamming them. 

"And as for you two, come with me,"  he said still glaring. "This isn't sliding past me." 

=======+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=========

A/N 

Hi guys,

I hope you like it. If you have any suggestions or comments don't hesitate to message me. 

xoxo (Emptysequence1908)