One Day He Disappeared

The prophecy Bruno made for Itzayana is still present in her mind, even as Mirabel's gift ceremony approaches.

Itzi can't help but think about how much pain seems to be in her future. With Abuela, herself, and whoever that boy was in the prophecy.

She tries to take her mind off of it by fully immersing herself in the preparations for Mirabel. Itzi helps with all of the decorations, makes all of the townspeople happy, and spends hours with the birthday girl herself to keep her calm throughout the day.

And because this seems like it will be the last gift ceremony for quite a while, the town is especially excited to see what gift the little girl will receive.

The celebration is in full swing by that evening. Everyone is arriving for the second time in a year and they are all ready to see what new gift will be joining the existing ones.

Casita prepares the food for all of the guests and plays the music, Isabela and Camilo help entertain the guests, and Luisa takes care of the donkeys and trailers outside.

Abuela is telling the story of the miracle to Mirabel as Itzi surveys the foyer to make sure she only sees pink aura's. Everyone is supposed to be happy tonight.

When Itzayana sees Abuela leave the curtain, she sneaks back to see Mirabel before she makes her entrance.

Julieta, Augustín, Luisa, and Isabela all give Mirabel well wishes before they leave to go wait by her door and Itzi has the perfect excuse to go see the girl.

She sneaks behind the curtain and finds Mirabel waiting right there. The little girl smiles when she sees her older cousin and they immediately hug.

"Are you excited?" Itzi asks, pulling away to look at her young cousin.

Mirabel nods but Itzi can see her nervous aura. "You're gonna do great, Mirabel. You just have to walk up there and then it goes by really fast. Now, I gotta go but I'll be there after you get your gift," Itzi says, using the time to give Mirabel some calmness before she walks back to the curtain.

Itzi doesn't hear the little "Wait!" From Mirabel and pushes outside anyway, going back to stand by the rest of her family.

A few seconds later, the curtain opens to reveal a nervous Mirabel. Again, like all the times before, people from the town cheer for her as Casita rolls out the fake carpet.

But Mirabel doesn't immediately start walking. She looks nervously around at all the people until Casita gives her a little nudge. The little girl looks around until she sees Itzi.

Mirabel raises her hand toward Itzayana. The older girl looks around nervously, she's not supposed to. It's supposed to be just Mirabel.

People in the crowd murmur as Mirabel mouths please toward Itzayana. And seeing the bright grey aura, Itzi decides it's worth it. The little girl needs help.

Itzayana steps out of her place and walks to Mirabel, taking her hand. "Come on, your door is waiting," Itzi says kindly, leading Mirabel forward.

Even though this isn't Itzi's ceremony, the nostalgia even makes her nervous as they walk. She remembers doing this herself, having to walk in front of all of these people before she got her gift. It's part of the ceremony she's always hated.