We All Love This Family

Itzi actually smiles when she sees Isa and Mirabel laying in the pile of multicoloured flowers. Isabela's dress is messy and imperfect. But she looks so happy.

"What is going on?!" Abuela yells angrily from the entryway. Those four words send a chill down all three grandkid's spines. Isa and Mirabel jump up as Abuela approaches and Itzi wants to back away.

"Abuela? It's okay! Everything's... We're gonna save the miracle. The magic..." Mirabel says excitedly as Isabela shrinks back. She's afraid.

"What are you talking about? Look at our home! Look at your sister!" Abuela yells, pointing to her perfect grandkid. Isa looks incredibly hurt.

For the first time in Itzi's life, she won't stand for it. She will not let her cousins, her family, be made to feel like nothing. Especially Mirabel. She's been trying so hard since she was 5 to have a place in this family.

Itzi runs across the balcony and makes for the staircase.

"Please just... Isabela wasn't happy and—" Mirabel again tries to explain.

"Of course, she isn't happy. You and Itzayana ruined her proposal!" Abuela accuses as Isa hugs herself, looking at the floor.

Itzi makes it to the ground floor. She won't let this happen, she won't stand by and let this family suffer any longer.

"No, no, no. She needed me to ruin her proposal. And then we did all this!" Mirabel explains as Abuela grunts in frustration. "And the candle burned brighter and the cracks..."

"Mirabel," Abuela says in a voice that is too calm for her aura.

"That's why I'm in the vision! Why we were in the vision! Itzayana is helping me save the miracle!" Mirabel says, excited that for once Abuela will be proud of her.

"You have to stop, Mirabel!" Abuela yells as Itzi runs for Mirabel. She needs to stop this.

"The cracks started with you. Bruno left because of you two. Luisa's losing her powers. Isabela is out of control. Itzayana is lying because of you!" Abuela yells, letting out her unspoken accusations.

Finally, Itzi gets in front of Mirabel. And she doesn't shy away from Abuela, she stands tall in front of her grandmother. "I don't know why you weren't given a gift and I don't know why Valentina died. But that is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!"

The silence is the loudest thing in the house. Itzi hears Mirabel gasp, sees her aura change.

And Itzi is hurt. She is beyond hurt.

"How dare you bring up my mother. How dare you accuse us of hurting the family!" Itzi argues back. And for once, Abuela is shocked.

"How dare I? All I've done is try to love you-" Abuela says but Itzi isn't done.

"No! All you've ever done is treat me like a tool! A tool at your disposal to make sure our family name remains untarnished. All you've ever seen me as is my father," Itzi yells truthfully, her chest puffed as angry tears begin materializing. She still isn't done.

"And all I have ever wanted is for you to love me like you used to. I've done anything you asked me to do. I've put myself through hell and near insanity just in the hopes you would see me. Be proud of me. I haven't been happy since the night my father left but you don't care! You only see my gift," Itzi says, finally letting out what she's held in for a decade.