Look At This Family

The party in Casita goes on for hours.

People dance and laugh and cheer. And for once, the Madrigal's gifts are not the subject of entertainment. They don't have to be perfect, they don't have to be responsible for people having a good time.

Itzi can see the aura's but she doesn't have to do anything with them. Her power has changed because she has changed.

She doesn't have to sacrifice anything for others. Itzayana does have a choice. She doesn't need to sacrifice her own mental and physical well-being for everybody else.

Her power reflects that.

No longer is there a give or take with it. She can give to others without having to harm herself.

That is the most freeing feeling in the world.

Itzi gets to dance with everyone in her family, her smile never leaves her face as she celebrates the new chapter of their life. They won't ever have to feel like they did before Casita fell.

And even better, she gets to dance with Elio. She isn't afraid to be seen with him, to dance with him. Even to kiss him. Because it isn't up to anyone else to decide who she loves. It's up to Itzi.

It does eventually near the end of the night and the subject of rooms comes up again. The doors are still glowing like they were when the party started and most of the grandkids are unsure of what to do.

They decide that the best course of action is to go to where their doors were before Casita fell. Each member of the family walks upstairs to their original door and waits by it.

Once they do this, they find an extra glowing door. It's between Camilo and Antonio. Everyone knows it's for Mirabel.

Mirabel walks to the second floor and takes her spot between Camilo and Antonio, feeling that same childish excitement she felt on her original ceremony day.

With a quick countdown, everyone takes hold of their doorknob at the same time.

Itzi reaches forward and takes hold of the cool metal in her hand, waiting for something to happen.

And it does.

Like the first time, the golden magic travels over her door and it pulses as soon as it covers the entire thing.

A new engraving appears on her door now. This time, Itzi appears fully happy on her door. Faces are floating around her and they're all turning into happy emotions as Itzi sits serenely between them.

As well, she appears older on her door. Not the age she is currently, Itzayana appears to be a few years older than she is currently. She doesn't know why but couldn't care less.

She hears everyone else celebrating as their engravings appear again and show something. They have their rooms back.

Itzi sneaks a peek over at Mirabel's door and sees that it's a carving of her looking calmly ahead, butterflies scattered on the entire door.

Mirabel breathes out happily when she sees her own special door, the thing she's longed for since she was 5. It's finally hers.