7: Lies

~A

It was an exciting week. Not only was I set to film the third music video for the album, but I'd finally get to release it. What was exciting about that was that I'd actually get to have a release party the night of, as well as a performance live stream the same morning, just a few hours after the album would've been out. I wanted to give the fans the opportunity to listen to some of the songs live before tour, help get excited for it. Louis was more than on board when I brought up that idea a few months prior, adding that it would create press and help with tour sales. I was glad we were able to do it, but before the release, came the music video filming.

It was the first ballad to get a music video out of the album, a song I wrote during the darkest period of my life. For that reason, it was very close to my heart and I knew I'd wanna release it as a single even if it wasn't what usually got commercial success. And I wanted the video to be as dark as the song, simple and minimalistic. I was relieved to be able to work with a director able to bring my vision to life. Because of how simple it was, the shoot wasn't set to last for more than two days.

The first was dedicated to shots of performing the song with the band in a vintage home, the set purposefully wrecked like a horrible fight had broken out. Broken vases, shattered mirrors, thrown over chairs and dim lighting. We did at least ten takes during the day, each from a different angle and focus. It was a long day for sure, but I was really liking the results I was shown. Everything was going smoothly. I was sat with the director going over some shots while the band was having a much needed break. The director's assistant quickly came over, slight panic on her face.

"We have a very big problem." My stomach dropped.

"What?" Jack questioned from next to me, taking off his headphones.

"The actor for tomorrow's shoot. His manager just called to cancel." Natalie nervously spoke, tapping her pen on the clipboard in her hands. Jack sighed deeply from next to me, rubbing his face with his hand.

"Why did he cancel so last minute?" He lowly spoke, slight annoyance in his tone. Meanwhile, I was sat there silently freaking out, worried that the entire music video would be derailed.

"He broke his arm. Some accident on another set." Jack slumped in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest while looking at the ceiling. I gulped, nervously tapping my foot.

"What are we gonna do?" I was afraid to ask that, but I knew it was inevitable.

"I can try and look for someone else, make some calls and hope for the best." Natalie offered, her eyes darting between Jack and I. He shook his head, continuing to look away.

"It's too late to book anyone."

"We have to finish the video, Jack. The deadline is in a week." I was getting more anxious by the second, worried that it would have to be pushed back.

"Can't we just scrap the second part and just use what we have already?" I suggested, hoping that would be enough even if it wasn't what I originally had in mind. I wanted to show the story the song told, not just sing about it. But that plan was close to being ruined. Jack didn't respond for a few seconds, his gaze lost into the people on the set.

"We can use someone else." He muttered, confusing both me and Natalie.

"Who?" I questioned, looking at him to find him deep in thought. He rubbed his chin, eyebrows furrowed before he pointed with his finger.

"Him." I tried figuring out who he was pointing at, my eyes going wide at the slight chance of that person being Niall. Jack saw the confusion on my face and decided to be more specific.