21: Living Dead

~A

"No. You're fucking delusional if you really believe that." Staring at him in disbelief from the words that came out of his mouth, I scoffed and pushed him back by the chest. His eyes went wide once he realised what he actually said, that he claimed to have some ownership over me when I've made it so clear to him I wouldn't tolerate such thing. That he claimed I was his.

"Shit, wait no. I don't mean like- mine, mine. I meant that we only have sex exclusively with each other. Isn't that what we're doing? Some sort of 'friends with benefits' thing?" He used air quotes, following after me as I walked across the closet, putting on some underwear under my loose shirt before walking out the room. I turned around sharply, knowing I'd catch him by surprise as I reached up and wrapped my hand around the front of his neck. I pulled him down, my face inches away from his.

"Let's make this clear, pretty boy. This isn't anything more than just occasional sex. We're not even friends. I'm gonna sleep with whoever I want whenever I want and you have no say over anything about my life."

"I know, that's not what I meant. I just thought-"

"I don't care what you thought." I cut him off, letting go of his neck and pushing him back before turning back around, walking back into my bedroom. I picked his jeans up, throwing them to him.

"We can meet from time to time, have our fun with each other and then each one goes their separate way. This is all I'm willing to give you Niall. Take it or leave it. The door's over there if you can't be fine with that." I waved my hand towards the door mindlessly, sitting onto the bed. Doing most of the work tonight had my thighs burning, so I definitely needed a breather. Niall glanced at the door, then back at me before he swallowed hard.

"No, I can do that. I'm down for that, I just misunderstood the situation." He nodded frantically, seeming weirdly eager all of a sudden. This wasn't like him. I've never seen him look so vulnerable and uncertain of himself. He looked lost, like everything he knew up until this point in his life was shattered. Maybe surrendering himself in the way that he did tonight really just altered his reality, made him reevaluate things. I could understand that, could relate to a certain level. He walked over to the dresser where his necklace was, picking it up before fumbling with it, avoiding my gaze as he nibbled on his bottom lip. I chuckled, sensing how reluctant he was to express himself. That was the biggest win of it all, getting him to drop the overly confident and egotistical persona even if it would only happen for a while.

"What do you need, pet?" He darted his head to me at my gentle words, evidently surprised that I was done being mad. His eyes were wide in question, the blue shade sparkling even from the distance. I knew what he needed. He needed sheltering. Most people that go through the process of submitting for the first time do. Breathing in deeply, he untangled the thin chain and showed it to me.

"Can you help me put this on?" I chuckled at his request, nodding before I beckoned him over with a wave of my hand.

"Take a seat." I patted the bedding in front of me, sitting onto my folded leg. Still seeming weary as he came over, he sat down and faced me before handing me the necklace. Biting the inside of his mouth, he avoided looking up at me as I draped the necklace around his neck, doing the dainty clasp at the front before twisting the chain around, putting it in place.

"There. Is that all that you needed?" I cooed, pushing his chin up to make him look at me. I never thought he'd become so passive and quiet after this, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it. He looked at me without saying anything, his slightly raised eyebrows showcasing his uncertainty.

"Be a good boy Niall. Ask me nicely and I might give you what you want." I traced my thumb along his scruffy jaw, taking notice of the heavy, shaky breath he released.