Guarantees

"I.. I can't guarantee that you'll even be alive. Prophecies are already like suicide missions for demigods." The air feels stale as my voice fills the silence. It  festers and suffocates me as I look at them, Barry looks to the ground knowing he had lucked out being a descendent rather than a direct child of Athena.

The room is still everyone looks at me almost as they don't believe my words . I clench my hand as I continue, " I've lost more than you can know, I can't bring you all along with the guarantee that you won't die, get severely hurt or some other horrible thing. Most demigods survive because we have the powers and training, but this.. this prophecy it's like someone took the horrors from your world and mine.. and well, bred a monster."

Batman looks at me his mask giving away no emotion as look at them all trying not to  tremble as I think of the difference between what they do and what I do. At the end of the day they get to go home, not us we have to take everything and go home and pretend everythings fine. Even when we know it's not. We have to put on faces that the world sees and not the ones that our friends see. The crying the anger the rage at the people who took our friends the choices we were supposed to have. I take a deep breath.

" What I can guarantee is that I will do my absolute best to keep you all safe. But you all have to give me your word that no matter what that you will swear on the River Styx to listen to me, when I say run run, when I say stand your ground do it. I will not have save your asses if u decide that you want to go King Kong and do random shit. These are monsters, they will kill you they have no consciousness."

"Then we'll stand together." A voice says a thick accent accompanying it. I look up to see a girl with blond hair, she stares back at me her eyes unmoving as if to reassure me. I soften for a second, I don't know why but whatever they did was calming me to a certain degree. I'd take what I got at this point.

Batman's gruff voice breaks my trance and pull me from my thoughts. "We get in we get the job done, and we do our best not to die. That's all we can do at this point." I look at him annoyed his whole demeanor is condescending and mocking the whole bat crew right now. I look him up and down taking in his costume, yes costume not suit the guy looks like he should be at some kids birthday party with that cape.

"Dude no offense but you dress like you should either be in Tartarus whacking the hellhounds or at a 5th graders birthday party." There's a astonoinding round of silence as Diana and Barry just turn around try not to laugh. The bat kids are looking at me the one with the leather jacket is smirking at Batman now.

"Okay but beyond people feeding like over grown  5 year olds, we have a real problem you already know it I'm not going over it again. Di- sorry Wonder Woman, your with Flash I want you both to look at all major villains  of the city and report back back on their movements is Leo can do it with a box of scraps and Festus then so can you guys."

Batman looks annoyed as I give the orders, I then look at the others, " You don't have to like me or even want me here you just got to listen to me or one of you will meet a untimely death from either a hellhound or one of the Undead your choice." I give him raised eyebrow and then finish giving orders to everyone.

I then step back from the table and look for Diana to open the portal back to camp. She presses some buttons on the table and a portal opens back to camp half-blood, the wall shimmers concealing the camp form the mortals showing it only to the half-bloods. I raise my hand and walk through my steps going from the steel floor to dirt.

Okay guys sorry for the delay I cranked out this chapter my French Midterm I'm coming up so I'm freakinf out lmao. Should be fine.

Sorry for the short chapter but that's how it'll be for a while. I'll do my best to make sure the quality is awesome though.