The Crown Prince's secrets

XIE LIAN HAS NOT REVEALED HIS SECRETS TO HIS CLOSEST FRIENDS NOR TO ANY OTHER GOD THAT HE KNEW. ONE DAY WHILE ALL THE GODS WERE IN A MEETING, SOMEONE DARES TO ASK ABOUT HIS YEARS IN BANISHMENT AS NO ONE KNEW MUCH ABOUT HIM ANYMORE.

Bells are ringing and birds were chirping throughout the skies in the heavens alerting many of the Crown Prince's arrival. It was no secret that he was now the head of the gods, but the only time he ever truly comes up is for work or for meetings. Most of the time those meetings were rather short, and filled no kind of major events. This meeting however, was for the preparations of the next lantern festival. Something the gods were always excited for. While Jun Wu was no longer at the top, Xie Lian was more than happy to just allow things to be as lively as before with no major changes at all. And as for the lighting of the lanterns, he decided to allow the competition be between everyone else, while his own number of lanterns would more of another form of entertainment that would light up the skies thanks to Hua Cheng.

The meeting was going by without much of an issue, and no one was yelling over the other as they usually do. However, just as the meeting was preparing to end a sudden voice speaks out from the crowd.

"Before we are dismissed, I'd like to ask a question,"

Xie Lian gazes to a youthful face, and takes note of the new face. A civil god who was new, and filled with potential. She was intelligent, and was well beyond heading to a level that could compete with Ling Wen. She stares at him with a gleam of determination in her eyes. Something about her was different from other gods. Almost as if you couldn't say no to her gaze,or tell her off with rude insults or gut wrenching spews of rumors.

"Yes? What's your question?"

"Well, there's something that I have been wondering, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has thought about this. Out of respect we have not asked about this, but I believe we really should know....why was Jun Wu....heavily obsessed with you? And what did he do to you...?"

The hall falls silent.

Xie Lian let's out a small sigh from his nose and glances around at the many faces in the room. Faces that have been familiar to him for hundreds of years, and faces that were new and only just recently heard of the tales of how the heavens fell. As far as his story goes, he never brought up any of the details of his past, because he always had those details pushed to the very back of his mind. Those days during his banishment were the worst days of his life, but they were also the days that allowed him to truly see between black and white, good and evil, and right and wrong. It helped him to mature even if the sacrifice was his sanity. When you go from a wealthy royal, to a lowly beggar, your whole world view shifts completely. His eyes meet Feng Xin and Mu Qing who were just as curious, but knew that their own dirty laundry would be thrown out there as well to be heard by others.

"Is there a reason why you should know a damn thing?" A rather unpleasant voice asks from all around the room. All eyes widen as the ghost king himself steps out from behind Xie Lian with an angered look in his eye. His arms were folded behind him with his hands in tight fists.

"San Lang...?"

"His highness already had to go through a trip of the past facing that abomination, and you dare to ask about all of it again?"

No one dared to answer his question. But now that he was here and was speaking with such a growl in his tone, they were left with more questions than answers. They really want to know just what had happened between their previous lord, and the Crown Prince, because whatever had happened truly changed him forever. Xie Lian turns to Hua Cheng and lifts his hands to his cheeks with a soft smile plastered over his face.