Parents of Wei Wuxian AU (Part 1)

IT'S THEIR ANNIVERSARY AFTER HUNDREDS OF YEARS BEING TOGETHER WITH SO MUCH CHANGING IN THE CULTIVATING WORLD. DURING THEIR CELEBRATIONS IN GHOST CITY ONE OF THEIR GIFTS HAPPEN TO BE A CERTAIN KIND OF PILL. A CHILD BEARING PILL CREATED FOR MEN IN RELATIONSHIPS. NOW THE TWO DECIDE WHETHER TO HAVE A CHILD OR NOT. 

WARNING A BIT OF SMUT IS AHEAD!

It's late into the evening and Xie Lian finds himself feeling a bit conflicted. He and his husband Hua Cheng have been around for hundreds upon hundreds of years now and the world has changed. Cultivation has changed, and laws have been changed. The world is continuously moving leaving them to seem a bit behind with times on some occasions. For so long the two have lived on their own, but would wander about all three realms—they would meet so many new people who would be descended from their previous followers and worshippers. It was wonderful to watch life go through their cycles from birth to death. But it also hurt to see as well. Many of his first followers were gone, but their families remained extremely dedicated in the villages. His shrine in Pu Qi Village was always treated with the utmost respect, but of course he and Hua Cheng would often go up to clean it or to just live there for a few days in order to spend time with the people. He would watch all the different kinds of personalities come through his shrine, from the oldest to the youngest; and what made his soul twitch slightly was when he would watch families walk through with the parents together with their children. Mothers holding onto their babies in bundles, and fathers holding the hands of their older children. It made him a feel a bit lost on the matter of having children. Long ago he vowed to never allow another one in his blood line to live, as he would be the last. But now that the times have changed, he wondered if there was a way to possibly bring back his bloodline but without all the extra trauma and turmoil. He didn't want to risk his child of having to deal with the sins of his previous relatives as it was truly a heavy burden that he himself should only carry for as long as he lives. 

He sits along the steps outside Pu Qi Shrine with his hair neatly braided over his shoulder with white peach blossoms shoved into the brown strands of his hair. Over his head rested a flower crown made of the same flowers, as several of the women in the village had chose to spoil him. He was grateful to them for wanting to do so, so he just allowed them to do what they wanted. He lifts a few of the tips of his strands between his fingers and fidgets a bit with them as he stares at the sky with uncertainty. His husband steps up to him from behind with his arms neatly folded behind him. He takes note of the sulking in his shoulders and the movements of his fingers. He's know him long enough to know that something was making him anxious. He sits beside him and glides his arms around his waist in a loose like embrace as his chin rests on his shoulder.

"Is something wrong your highness?"

"San Lang..."

"You seem bothered by something...what is it?"

Xie Lian chuckles lightly, "You know me very well...."

"Maybe, but I can't always read minds your highness,"

"I suppose so....well..." he frowns and tries to find his bearings as he attempts to speak. 

"Take your time,"

"San Lang it's been hundreds of years now, and well...have you ever thought about having children?"

"Children...?"

"Yes..."

"Your highness, is this about those child bearing pills that they gave us today?"

"I guess you could say that, but for so long I've felt that my bloodline has been cursed with ill fates. I vowed long ago to be the only remaining one left of my family, but....sometimes I really find myself thinking about the possibilities of having a little one running around the three realms,"