Parents of Wei Wuxian (part 4)

GROWING UP IN YUNMENG

The gods from above would watch carefully along side Xie Lian as they waited to see what fate beheld his child. For the moment, the boy was living a very peaceful life within his new home and yet Hua Cheng was not very trusting of the Jiang household for one reason alone. The parents.

Jiang Fengmian and Su Xiyan can never see eye to eye—ever since Wei Wuxian was taken in the two would bicker far more than they used to. Normal arguments were all about their styles of parenting, to their attitudes, and to how strict Xiyuan would be. Now their arguments have blown up into messes filled with accusations and distrust over rumors that were all completely false. Not only was it tearing apart the heart of his son, it was also tearing the relationship between him and his adoptive brother, Jiang Cheng.

The only thing that was keeping the two together was their older sister, Jiang Yanli. She would be the parent that the two would need should their parents choose to just be naively cruel and neglectant to the hearts of their children. One was too soft, and blind. The other strict, mean, cold, and filled with envy. If only they could realize just how much damage they were causing to their children.

"I am very wary of this hag, Gege."

"San Lang...."

"Gege, she's not going to treat him well....I can tell...."

Xie Lian frowns and turns back to the events showing before his eyes.

One incident caused Xie Lian to stir with true anger boiling in his veins. Anger hasn't felt in quite a while.

It's the early morning hours and Wei Wuxian was still not awake. He had grown accustomed to sleeping in late, however he was still training really hard to build his golden core, and under his adoptive mother no less. Ever since he had begun his cultivation Ruoye had been rather quiet. It would never move unless he calls to it, and it would never show itself unless he's in danger. One morning Ruoye takes it upon itself to move from around his waist to tickle him with the hope that he wakes up. At first, Wei Wuxian acknowledges its presence, but then returns to his slumber. He was 13 at this point, and it would be two years before he would begin his actual adventure.

Ruoye wraps around his arm and pulls on him to move, but then a loud voice thunders from down the hall to his room.

"Wei Wuxian! Get up this instant!"

Wei Wuxian jump and hurries to his feet just as the door opens—

"Still sleeping in are you? Your training was scheduled for this morning with me. Get out of bed now and be ready to go within the next few minutes! I will not be telling you again!"

She turns away and leaves his room without another word. Wei Wuxian quickly hurries to get dressed with a bit of a sigh. Ruoye unwraps from him again and offers its assistance as it hands him his robes and sash. He chuckles and smiles.

"Thanks Ruoye."

The little silk bandage twirls around happily. It always brought the spiritual weapon great joy to be of use to the child of his master.  He quickly ties up his hair and hurries out the door to the training grounds. But the moment he's there, he stumbles upon a gloomy image. The other disciples are all lined up around the training grounds with their arms at their sides. Standing at the center was Madam Yu with her hands folded before her.

"Finally, now come here Wei Wuxian."

Wei Wuxian hesitates as he could hear the tone in her voice. It was a tone she would use when she is prepared to punish you. He slowly approaches her and bows respectively before her.