Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 12)

A few days would pass before Wei Wuxian would completely awaken. His body had been burning from head to toe after the war as he had overworked his body during the last battle. At his bedside, there are small gifts from other clans or fans who wanted to wish him well since he was the main driving force that had destroyed Wen Ruohan. The gifts would ranged from small pouches of herbs to food, wine, and charms. There was even a gift from the Lans who were against his cultivation but were grateful for his sacrifices. Their gift was a booklet filled with music to help calm his own mind without much trouble.

As far as visitors go, there were always the same four people to see him. Jiang Yanli, Jiang Cheng, Lan Xichen, and Lan Wangji. They would each see him at different times of the day and would often stay for an hour or two to talk to one another or to sit and just watch him sleep. There would also be a time when the gods in the heavens would ask for Hua Cheng to help deliver some of their own gifts to the young man as well, since he was being cheered on so heavily by both the Heavenly and ghost realms. Hua Cheng was right, he was being seen as a hero. But this popularity wouldn't last.

When he awakens his body rises up in a cold sweat with his chest rising and lowering in quick intervals. His eyes are wide and filled with tears that would fall over his cheeks, as his hands curled into tight fists in an attempt to calm himself down.

"Wei Ying."

A small gasps escapes his throat as he lifts his head with the heavy reflex to feel the need to guard, but upon seeing the young man in Lan robes his body relaxes.

"Lan Zhan...."

Lan Wangji stands from where he was sitting and plants himself at the edge of his bed. He lifts his hand carefully and sets the back of it to his forehead.

"Your fever is dropping...."

"Oh..."

He lowers his hand and stands to get him some water.

"How long have I been asleep....?"

"For three days..."

"Three....?!"

"Yes."

"What about...? Is the war over...?"

Lan Wangji turns back to him with a cup of water and hands it to him with a nod.

"Yes....it's all over. The Wens surrendered soon after you and Jin Guangyao defeated Wen Ruohan..."

Wei Wuxian sighs and takes down the water with a single gulp.

"Good..." he hands him back the cup and looks all around to the amount of gifts that were now lining along the walls of his room.

"What are all of these...?"

"People found your deed to be heroic despite the power you used. While some were still afraid, they were also grateful to you. So many have sent their own gifts to wish you a good recovery while also giving their blessings and thank yous..."

Wei Wuxian chuckles lightly at the notion.

"Really now...even the Lans...?"

Lan Wangji nods slightly.

"Brother and I convinced them..."

"Huh?"

"We convinced them to accept your powers just a bit so long as you don't commit evil deeds...you did take vengeance for many of us despite only seeking vengeance for your family...."

Wei Wuxian rubs his neck and sighs.

"Really you are a mystery Lan Zhan...ah but wait....how and when did I end up in here...? Last I remember I was on the battlefield."