Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 11)

Upon returning to the others, Wei Wuxian is greeted by a shocked yet determined army led by several hesitant leaders. When his eyes land onto a certain leader in white his gaze drops to the ground. In order to avoid any major conversations, he decides to retire for the night. He wanders about at night around the base camps with his flute lightly being twirled between his fingers. He wasn't sure on what to relatively do now that he had returned. It was as if there was really nothing left for him in such a foreign setting. And until the war is over, there was no way he could return to Lotus Pier.

"When this is over....that will be it..."

For a moment, there's nothing but silence with the wind curling around the strands of his hair. No one is around to disturb him, and no one is around to possibly judge him. He knew that once the war was over, there was going to be a heavy amount of people ready to spread whatever type of gossip they could dare to create. He was prepared for it, but he was also prepared to defend himself. However, he was hoping that he wouldn't have to.

As his thoughts continue to roll along through different scenarios, and circumstances he hears a fairly familiar jingle. He hadn't heard the sound for two months after his father had left. So to hear the sound once again, it filled him with a greater sense of relief.

"A-Ying, I finally get to speak to you on my own. I'm glad you are well..."

His mother was the one speaking.

"A-Niang..."

"Your father is currently picking up the souls of Wen Chao and his mistress so don't be alarmed. He'll be joining us soon,"

"Picking their souls up...?"

"A-Ying. Remember we are watching, so we are also waiting for our own hands to reach the souls that have damaged our child. There is nothing to stop us from bringing about punishments. But that is something he can speak to you about another time. I'm here to speak to you about something else."

The tone of his voice shifts into something far more serious. It was a tone that was holding back the breath of anger that would hiss through the words and teeth. This could be considered to be his first scolding.

"I haven't said much on the subject of your new found cultivation, and that is because I trust that your father taught you well. However, I need to speak on your current temperament."

"My temper....?"

"I watched the argument between you and Lan Wangji."

Wei Wuxian closes his lips and stares down to he ground in a bit of shame. This was a scolding.

"Why in the heavens would you just throw those words to him like that? I understand he didn't have a right to say a few things himself, but you didn't give him a chance to speak either. And I have a problem it's that. The reason why is because I watched him heavily, while your father was training you. Then we both watched him for the rest of the time before your return to the world. I watched him travel around in grief and uncertainty. For three months he had been searching for you, whether alone or with someone else. Either way he was determined to find you."

"What...?"

"He held onto your pendant and then he returned it to you. You assumed that he was going to punish you should you have returned to Gusu, but that's farther from the truth. He just wants to help you. I want you to tell him the truth of what happened to you.....if you don't it won't end well. Nothing will end well. Nothing. A-Ying....in the very end, I truly believe that Wangji will be the only one to stand by you. Jiang Cheng is a strong young man, however I don't trust his mental stability or morals. It's warped because of his parents. I would have trusted Yanli if she was a cultivating warrior, but she is not. I don't see any other person you can trust besides Lan Wangji...."