Parents of Wei Wuxian (part 5)

THE WEN CLAN'S CONTROL

Xie Lian could not bring himself to continuously watch the events surrounding his child, but he made sure to completely mark the days that would appear to be the most important. The first day in mind was the Wen Clan's Discussion Conference where an Archery competition was being held. On this day, he chose to sit with several of his other heavenly companions—of course it was for a reason. Should anything happen or go wrong with his son, then he wanted to have several hands on hand to keep him pinned down to where he was sitting.

Normally, he never has a temper and can control his own strength, but in regards to his son—

There was no such thing as control. The next time he is watching the life of his son, he is left with nothing, but anger boiling within his veins. An indoctrination for the disciples of several sects, and for what? To hold them as hostages against every clan within the cultivation world. Upon watching the spectacle his eyes manage to peak at the one in white. Lan Wangji. Something was wrong with him, his leg was limping and his demeanor seemed to be colder than before. He also appeared to e struggling to stand.

"What is wrong with him...?"

Hua Cheng speaks up from his gambling den as he also continues to watch, "From what I've heard from Yin Yu, the Wen Clan had attacked his home. Accused their leader of wrong doings, and had them burn their home down. From what he says, the kid's father is gravely injured and possibly dying. His brother is missing, and his leg is actually recovering from being broken by Wen Xu, son of Wen Ruohan,"

Xie Lian bites his lip.

'It's going to start sooner than I had expected. That means....his death is not far behind....'

"Your highness....whatever you do, do not lose yourself...."

He nods in response.

"If he does, we'll do what we can to hold him back," Pei Ming says from his side.

Behind Xie Lian sat all the other martial gods, even Lang Qingqiu.

"You better be prepared then....."

Hua Cheng himself is left to his own devices of easing his grief and rage. Whenever he catches himself he merely saves all of his rage until he enters into his manor. Once behind those doors, he immediately pounds into the very foundations hoping that they'll fall into pieces on impact. However, he wasn't sure if such a method would work towards the end.

Everyone watches with held in breath as the events continue before their eyes. Immediately Pei Ming grabs ahold of Xie Lian's arms on one side, while Feng Xin holds the other just as Wei Wuxian takes on the Wen's iron brand from Wang Lingjiao within the XuanWu Cave. Wei Wuxian had given himself up to protect another young lady. MianMian. This was the start of the revolt against Wen Chao that Xie Lian was not prepared to face. He knew that things were not going to go well, and he was scared to see the expressions that his son would dare make.

Admist the mess of chaos that was spewing throughout the cave, Wen Chao and his mistress are forced to flee as the beast had already swallowed a few of the Wen Clans members. Out of fear they rush to climb back up and out of the cave, and upon reaching the top they cut the rope leaving the other disciples behind.

"Cowards...!" Mu Qing hisses.

"They really think this will work..." Pei Ming says quietly. Xie Lian shakes his head.

"It won't work..."

The disciples all gather to figure out what to do and where to go. It was clear that their families wouldn't be able to come save them so quickly, but with no food or water—they could perish sooner than they'd like.