Parents of Wei Wuxian (Part 7)

Ling Wen sits before the opened circle that was used in order to view the everyday life of Xie Lian's son—her desk was moved over as well as all of her work. Xie Lian was still recovering from the previous events and so she felt the need to sit and collect all matters of information for him. As stated before, her punishment for her prior actions was to keep track of all matters for eternity. Something she didn't mind doing, and over time she came to just forget about her previous offenses, and as for the Brocade Immortal she was allowed to keep it at her side. The robe itself greets her in her palace, and is often shown to give more affection than anyone. Knowing that she could not bring the man she used to create back to life stained, she figured it would just be best to give him some form of happiness. His own happiness came from being in her presence, therefore why not just keep him to herself. Xie Lian had no problems with her keeping the robe, but she warned her that if she were to fall out of line he will destroy it completely, and her punishment would become far more severe than what was given. These words meant that Hua Cheng more than likely would be involved.

So just chose to behave. Behaving was something easy, and she could continue to enjoy her current luxuries. However, her time is dwindled down due to the fact that the doors of heavens were sealed off from the world. Therefore, she couldn't record any major events or pieces of history as well as she could before, but with Hua Cheng's butterflies she can make do with what they gather.

Today she takes it upon herself to complete her work while viewing the next set of events that would be fall Wei Wuxian.

"So you're still choosing to sit there?" Hua Cheng asks with a rather annoyed tone in his voice.

"Yes. I did say I was going to. I won't be the only one, Lang Qingqiu is on his way, as well Quan Yizhen. General Pei as well will be joining."

Hua Cheng merely sighs.

"And his highness...?"

"Generasl Xuan Zhen and General Nang Yang are both keeping an eye on him, though through the communication array they have both declared that he has calmed down a quite a bit. However, he has been wanting to come back, but the two of them don't wish for him to lose his senses over whatever may happen next."

"I see..."

"Do you believe he should watch that happens next...?"

"Personally...yes...but they have a point about him losing his senses. The face he made before was an expression I never want to see again. I could only see it through the butterfly, but I recognize the gaze well...."

"You do...?"

"Do you remember the stories he told during the meeting that was held long before all of this?"

Ling Wen goes silent. She recalls the meeting well and the events that Xie Lian had described to them about his past.

"That face....was the same one he made all those years ago when he became a calamity himself..."

Ling Wen shudders on the thought.

The two discontinue their conversation as they look to the the two boys who were now running for their lives admist the chaos of the burning of their clan. Once out of sight and away from their attackers, the ring that had bounded them together by force shifted back into it's original form. The two quickly head back to their home only to be greeted by a horrific sight. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng's eyes were wide in shock at the display. There were mountains of bodies piled up of all of their old clan members. Friends and disciples who were laughing with them not too long ago. Smiling with them. Training with them. Fighting with them. And now they were being stacked one by one on top of the other to be burned. Not buried. Their eyes quickly scan around until they finally stop onto the bodies of their parents. Jiang Fengmian laid back with his core melted and a sword driven into his chest with blood dripping from his lips and the rest of his body. Near by was Madam Yu's corpse bloodied and beaten. Her core melted away as well. And near by they could hear the mockingly obnoxious voices of Wang Lingjiao and Wen Chao who were laughing at the sight. Jiang Cheng growls in anger and attempts to scream, but Wei Wuxian, who was stuck in his own head with flashing images of his previous guardian's death, composes himself in time to stop him. With no other choice the two run away from their old home with heavy hearts.