tea

In which Louis is the hot waiter and Harry would do anything to show his gratitude.

______________

  Louis quickly slides the hot coffee with just enough strength to stop in the costumers hands at the end of the counter, then turns to take the foaming cup from the espresso machine and turns again to hand it to the smiling women with a bigger smile on his own face.

  "Thank you, darling." The women says, handing money to him. He takes it with a smile bigger than hers. Sarah comes back out from the break room then and puts her gloves back on, smiling slightly at Louis. He breathes a sigh of relief as she helps him with the final orders of the lunch rush.

  "Thanks, Sarah. You're a lifesaver." Louis chuckled as he leaned back against the counter, the rush seeming to stop as soon as it had started. She smiled widely and came to lean beside him, and tossed her hair over her shoulder, "What would you do without me?"

  Louis went along happily, putting his hands on his little waist and scoffing, "Surely die!"

  Sarah giggled and playfully swatted him on the arm before pushing herself up from the counter, Louis stayed put, then she turned and said, "There's a table waiting, why don't you go do it?"

  She pointed to a table in the far corner, where one person sat down, but Louis couldn't see their face, as it was covered by the people scattered around the little shop in front of him, blocking his view. Louis sighed, "I handled the rush."

  Sarah smirked, "But I saved your ass, now go." She gave him a little shove towards the table, pushing the pen and notepad in his arms, he grumbled as he walked, but soon enough, he was standing in front of the table.

  "Hello! Welcome to Coffee Delight, what can I get you this afternoon?" Louis said in the happiest voice he could manage.

  But then it wasn't so hard to smile, because the curly haired stranger looked up from his large, folded hands with tattoos running from his fingers all the way up to his shoulder, where a black tee covered the rest. But Louis was suddenly dying to see more.

  The stranger flashed perfect whites, making Louis honestly weak at the knees, and he stood up straighter and shook his head, trying to clear the cloud of fog that covered his mind.

  He flushed and looked towards the handsome man's hands, avoiding those beautiful green eyes he knew he would get lost in if he looked into again.

  "Sorry, what was that?" Louis asked much more quietly. The sound of his chuckle made Louis want to fall to his knees, "Just a tea for now, if that's okay."

  "Any special kind of tea?" Louis stuttered on the words, and it made him feel vulnerable, so he looked back up and stared at the bridge of his nose instead of his eyes.

  He could see the stranger slightly smile, "Earl Grey would be lovely." And before Louis could pinpoint his words, he nodded and said, "I love the Yorkshire here, it's my favourite kind."

  The man flashed his teeth again, but before he could respond, Louis groaned, "Earl Grey coming up!" And he turned and disappeared, walking as fast as possible.

  Sarah was staring at him as he came back, her arms crossed, taking Louis' spot on the counter where he was leaning moments before. Was it really just a few minutes ago? Felt like years.

  Louis fanned himself as he leaned back against the counter, trying very hard not to meet her eyes. He knew he could make the tea is mere seconds, so he tried to breathe evenly.

  "What was he like?" Sarah asked suddenly, making Louis look up, "W-What?"

  She rolled her eyes, then turned to the coffee machine. She turned back towards him moments later, holding the Earl Grey the boy had ordered.